1. Lock you equipment up easier

2. Advertise on the side of your truck

3. Shelter from sudden rain storms

Open:

1. Easier access - grab things from all sides and not just the rear

2. Overhang - hauling things that hang slightly over the rails

3. Mulching - can spread mulch without trailer

Are there any other advantages?

Which ones are those most useful and important?

TYIA

South Florida Lawns
10-09-2005, 02:07 AM
Oh yeah the TRUCKS AND TRAILERS section.

Tn Lawn Man
10-09-2005, 07:12 AM
Oh yeah the TRUCKS AND TRAILERS section.

It is great to have a constructive comment like this one on the board.

This site has become so big and fragmented that there is now a forum for everything.
However, it seems that if you do not put your question or comment in the one of the main sections then nobody ever responds.

Likestomow
10-09-2005, 09:24 AM
I have a 16' NPR box truck and it looks so much more professional than a 16' landcape body. I use all three walls to hang or shelf tools - you could never carry all the items I carry without piling them on top of each other.

Also, the beaver tail that is required on an landscape body truck makes the last 4' quite hard to use unless you don't mind equipment riding on an angle.

MowerMoney
10-11-2005, 12:14 PM
Enclosed trailer. Don't have to waste time driving around looking for a washroom, just keep a large mouth bottle in the trailer. lol

TURFLORD
10-11-2005, 12:26 PM
Enclosed trailer. Don't have to waste time driving around looking for a washroom, just keep a large mouth bottle in the trailer. lol
It just seems more natural to pee on a bush. IMO:)

Branchland
10-11-2005, 04:25 PM
I have both. Love the enclosed to keep things dry and safe. Also the bathroom thing, I use a bucket with a trash bag. I kept my open trailer after I got the enclosed, to use for mulch, clean up, etc.... Haveing the enclosed took time to get used to from just reaching and grabing what you need. But it is nice to go to lunch or at night being able to lock it up.

Steppenwolf
10-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Lawn Man ,
Were you talking about an enclosed trailer or a box truck similar to SLT'S,web site above?

Eclipse
10-12-2005, 12:34 AM
In trying to make the best use of my financial resources and the current equipment that I have on hand I have been asking myself the same question lately.

I can say that I used and enclosed trailer for the better part of this year and I am certinly not very excited about going back to a open setup. The only reason I am considering it is because I purchase a truck that would make a great open "lawn truck".

BladeRunner1967
10-12-2005, 08:47 AM
I have to unload my open trailer after I am done for the day. Man I hate that. I am considering purchasing an enclosed or 36" walkbehind behind before the end of the year.

Magnum Services
10-12-2005, 09:03 AM
ENCLOSED -security of your investment which we ALL know amounts to a small forturne we would hate to see disappear.