PDA

View Full Version : Tip Of The Day - 10/10/05 - Leave Behinds

Sean Adams
10-10-2005, 11:53 AM
I'm not sure how many people have tried this, but if you haven't you may want to give it a shot. Leave Behinds....it is a great way to "up-sell" your clients. If you create a form that has check list of the different services you provide and some space for a note, it will work wonders. When you are finished working at someone's home, leave them a "note" that says we were here, check off what was done and then inform them of things you suggest that could be done.... this time of the year you can suggest turning over mulch, dead-heading flower beds, aeration, seeding, leaf removal, winter fertilizer, etc.... people are busy these days and do not always have the time to walk around their property and take a close look at what needs done. If you suggest it to them and offer them an estimate, chances are they will sign up.

John Gamba
10-10-2005, 01:11 PM
This is a good one :D I use to call the customer and leave a message, It got long when they where home.

John

Critical Care
10-11-2005, 10:36 PM
I pretty well do this already, but it is more of a post service report rather than a way to up-sell something.

My service contracts ask whether or not my clients want these door hangers left with them, either on their front door, or an alternate location. Doorhangers that sit on a clients front door for a period of time can advertise to burglars that the client isn't home, so be aware of this. I'm guessing that roughly half of my maintenance clients want these left behind, while some want them left in alternate locations.

kris
10-12-2005, 08:27 AM
We also do this ... they are called site reports. There is a spot for "things that need attention".

I don't know if anyone has ever come across someone who has said that you were not there on a certain week but they are also proof of a visit.

Critical Care
10-12-2005, 01:02 PM
Kris, I hear that leaving doorhangers like these behind after plowing snow at a place is important. You could plow a site but then in an hour it could look as if no one had ever been there. Beginning this year, I'm also going to leave these behind after blowing out irrigation systems.

kris
10-12-2005, 02:47 PM
We got out of snow removal but you are correct.... with snow you should document everything.

Issues we have had are normally with Property managers ... If we are unable to leave a site report it now gets faxed. Our Site reports are 2 page ... our copy has the employees time in time out... the customers copy doesn't.

I must say that we originally started them as a way to up-sell but they have become much more. They are also great for writing personal notes if you happen to know it is the clients b'day,wishing them a happy holiday, etc.etc.