PDA

View Full Version : Software - TOTAL 3D Landscape??

Squizzy246B
10-11-2005, 09:33 AM
I need some help with software. Is anybody using TOTAL 3D Landscape Deluxe. I'm looking for something to help me plan out my retaining walls. As we work mainly with cut or reconstituted stone I need something to help me plan my work, calculate the number of stones I need, provide a working plan etc.

It needs to operate in metric and be able to show dimensions on plans. I'm a bit sick of these landscape packages that show lots of pretty pictures of plants and stuff, which is great for the client, but not so hot for the crew to read. It always takes me time to get my head around steps/stairs when you have defined dimensions to work too.

I'm probably after something which is as much technical/CAD drawing oriented as it is landscaping.

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

Squizzy246B
10-14-2005, 07:16 AM
Ya killin me with the replys:rolleyes:

Doesn't anyone use software for Hardscaping???:help:

neversatisfiedj
10-14-2005, 07:39 AM
I don't yet. No need .

Dreams To Designs
10-14-2005, 10:23 AM
Yes, I use software for hardscape designs and presentations. Not the software you are asking about. It sounds like what you need is the CAD software most manufacturers provide to Architects and Designers. That software is much more technically oriented and should give you the information you desire.

Kirk

Squizzy246B
10-15-2005, 06:35 PM
Thanks Kirk, yes there is plenty of CAD software around which would do the more technical elements. However, I'm after something which has the landscape features but can show elevations and profiles so we can work out our stonework i.e. I want to shoot my levels with the laser and enter them to the plan and be able show the client (and the crew) what we are aiming at.

I am a bit ignorant of the better landscaping software around but you can pay good money for these packages and end up with a Mickey Mouse program that only does half of what you want.

Dreams To Designs
10-15-2005, 06:50 PM
The only one that may come close is Eagle Point. http://www.eaglepoint.com/landscape/
It is much more involved than I needed to be or had time to learn. The problem with most software is as it get more technically advanced the learning curve takes a sharp upswing. You have to justify a lot of time and money for the amount of work you will do. I hope someone can take your ideas and make an easy to use software package available.

Kirk

Squizzy246B
10-15-2005, 07:22 PM
Kirk, Thanks for that. I sent the Australian distributor an e-mail requesting pricing. It looks very capable.