PDA

View Full Version : Giant vac's??

John Gamba
10-11-2005, 02:45 PM
Does anyone use the Giant vac (Leaf Buster) on there zero turn?? Looks like something i could use:D

John

bigchap
10-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Looks like it would work nicely, but I dont see that much more benefit opposed to a push billy goat or giant vac because you can't go to fast when you blowing leaves. If the cost isn't much more than go for it. The blower are unbeatable when you have a big leave job to do.
Good luck

mdb landscaping
10-11-2005, 05:23 PM
hey john, i see a few guys in town who have them use them. by watching them work they do work pretty good! we have a huge agrimetal blower that mounts on the front pto of a hustler 4600 series. this thing moves some serious leaves. if we didnt have that, i would definately try that giant vac. ive never personally tried it cause we dont have the need for one, but seems the guys who have it swear by it.

John Gamba
10-11-2005, 05:45 PM
hey john, i see a few guys in town who have them use them. by watching them work they do work pretty good! we have a huge agrimetal blower that mounts on the front pto of a hustler 4600 series. this thing moves some serious leaves. if we didnt have that, i would definately try that giant vac. ive never personally tried it cause we dont have the need for one, but seems the guys who have it swear by it.

Jay sells them. Ive seen them there, i think i might have some work for something with like 4,000 Cfms LOLOLOL

How have you been??

John

John Gamba
10-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Looks like it would work nicely, but I dont see that much more benefit opposed to a push billy goat or giant vac because you can't go to fast when you blowing leaves. If the cost isn't much more than go for it. The blower are unbeatable when you have a big leave job to do.
Good luck

There almost twice the CFM's of the biggest pusher they have. You can do hills without breaking a sweat LLOL

John

gene gls
10-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Does anyone use the Giant vac (Leaf Buster) on there zero turn?? Looks like something i could use:D

John

I was tempted to get one from Collinsville Power Equ when they first came out but after looking at it a few times I decided it was very limmited for directional use. Would be hard to manouver the the Z to be very efficent. I ended up getting a Buffalo Turbine. The nozzel rotates 180 degrees.

Gene

mdb landscaping
10-11-2005, 09:10 PM
http://www.agrimetal.com/eng/products_blower_p2.htm

heres what we use......this thing makes some noise. gotta love firing it up every morning at 7 am:D ive been good john. jay was telling me you had been in last time i was there. he asked me if i had talked to you lately. anyway, at some point im sure we'll cross paths. our shop is right down the street from there.

rob1325
10-11-2005, 10:11 PM
I have seen those ZTR blowers. I used one in a lot. I would say if you have a lot of open areas works fine, but for confined not so great and it may scuff up the turf with alot of turning. I just saw the new self propelled Fraden 16 hp blower and looks very nice and priced right, at around 2,200. I will be getting one of these when my other blowers burn out.

John Gamba
10-12-2005, 06:34 AM
I was tempted to get one from Collinsville Power Equ when they first came out but after looking at it a few times I decided it was very limmited for directional use. Would be hard to manouver the the Z to be very efficent. I ended up getting a Buffalo Turbine. The nozzel rotates 180 degrees.

Gene

Thanks Gene, i'll look into the buffalo turbine :waving:

John

John Gamba
10-12-2005, 06:37 AM
http://www.agrimetal.com/eng/products_blower_p2.htm

heres what we use......this thing makes some noise. gotta love firing it up every morning at 7 am:D ive been good john. jay was telling me you had been in last time i was there. he asked me if i had talked to you lately. anyway, at some point im sure we'll cross paths. our shop is right down the street from there.

I had one of those When i use to do bigger props, it was on the back (pto) of a tractor. We had a problem with the rock drive ways:nono: The problem was there was no rocks on the drive ways once you forgot and went over it:cry:

It could move leaves lololol.

See you at the big C's:waving:

John

John Gamba
10-12-2005, 06:39 AM
I have seen those ZTR blowers. I used one in a lot. I would say if you have a lot of open areas works fine, but for confined not so great and it may scuff up the turf with alot of turning. I just saw the new self propelled Fraden 16 hp blower and looks very nice and priced right, at around 2,200. I will be getting one of these when my other blowers burn out.

Thanks rob:waving: Let me take a look at it. I dont want to use the mowers with the baggers for leaves anymore, i just want to blow them and then suck them up:D

John