PDA

View Full Version : Big Reel Mowers Anyone?

Az Gardener
10-11-2005, 07:13 PM
Does any one have any experience, or currently using a larger reel mower. I used to have a Jacobson Tri King with three 20" reels and the cut was not as good as my old 25" Pro Masters. It was very uneven between the different reels, I had the Textron boys out and they could'nt do any better than me adjusting it. The surface was smooooth so I know it wasn't grade issues. It was a lot of money and kinda soured me on the whole big reel thing. Now I have several properties with over 20,000 sq ft of 419. and still using those 25" and 27"s

sdwally
10-12-2005, 10:30 AM
Hard to know exactly what the problem my be with seeing the actually equipment. What is the actual cutting problem. Uneven mowing heights? Rippling(Marcelling)? Stripping? Tearing the grass? We have John Deere, Jacobsen, Toro, and Ransome reel mowers of various sizes. Each problem has different issues to be addressed.

lawnboy dan
10-15-2005, 09:01 PM
i used to use large reel mowers. check the shoes on the bottom of the real units for uneven wear. they could have worn at different rates and cause uneven cuts