PDA

View Full Version : Cat Dilemma?

Wells
10-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Earlier today I dropped the ramp on the enclosed trailer and there was a cat sitting in the trailer. The only thing I could figure is the cat got in the trailer sometime at the previous property.

Shortly after dropping the ramp the cat walked out of the trailer and looked around, it was obvious that it was completely confused to it's location as it slowly started walking around.

I figured I had two options at this point:
1. Let it wonder off and hopefully it would find itself a new home.
2. Try and catch it and take it back to the previous location, knowing that the client of previous home does not have a cat, but might be a neighbors.

I figured the best thing was to take the cat back to the previous location. Catching the cat was the easy part, trying to stuff it into a storage cabinet so it wouldn't run off until after I finished up the current property proved to be a slightly different problem. Seems the cat didn't want to go into the small, dark, confined space.

Anyways, long story short, I went back to previous property and dropped it off. This time after letting the cat out of the trailer it seemed to know where it was.

Would you have done the same or just let it wonder off?

geogunn
10-11-2005, 08:52 PM
dude--you did good. somebody is happy for a little pu&^%$ tonight!

GEO :)

Scotts' Yard Care
10-11-2005, 08:55 PM
It was very kind of you to return the cat and I'm sure the people appreciated it. We have a long time customer who agreed to put their dogs up whenever we come to mow since the dogs love to shoot through the gate and run off. They were gone and had failed to do so when we stopped to mow so, of course, the dogs managed to get out. We finally found them a few hours later when they wandered into the yard of one of our other customers when we were starting to do that yard. Took a real load off my mind to have found them and got them back home.

grass_cuttin_fool
10-11-2005, 08:55 PM
yep, if the kitty would of let me catch it I would have. doubt I would of put much effort in it if the kitty had ran from me

Nosmo
10-11-2005, 09:37 PM
I think you did the right thing. If that cat could talk he would thank you and would really have a story to tell his master.

Nosmo

geogunn
10-11-2005, 09:59 PM
...have a story to tell his master.

nosmo--cats don't have MASTERS..... they have SERVICE PROVIDERS...!

GEO :)

nriddle77
10-11-2005, 10:00 PM
You did the right thing Brett. I'm sure the owners would thank you if they could.

lawnman_scott
10-11-2005, 10:07 PM
That was nice, I would do the same. I like most animals more than most people.

Keith
10-12-2005, 12:19 AM
That was nice, I would do the same. I like most animals more than most people.

:D I feel the same way most of the time. I would have done the same.

Runner
10-12-2005, 12:36 AM
You certainly did the right thing, and I'm glad it turned out as good as it did - and as easy (being able to catch the cat, and all).

wowlawncare
10-12-2005, 01:58 AM
We had one of our cats at my moms greenhouse hop in the back of one of the plant trucks from about 45 miles away. The driver brought it back to us that night in his truck. My mom was verry happy. Im sure the owners of the cat felt the same way.

Mickhippy
10-12-2005, 05:24 AM
I set out one morning, got about 100m up the road, looked in the mirror and saw one of my chickens standing on the edge of the trailer. I stopped grabbed the chicken and took it home. No harm, No Fowl! (heee Sorry, couldnt resist!)

True though, they liked scratching in the clippings etc on the trailer.

Approx 100 million cats in Australia. Every one of them catches AT LEAST one native animal per week! Enviromental disaster!

meathead1134
10-12-2005, 12:17 PM
You did the right thing, I would have done the same thing. I have 3 cats and a dog

Earlier today I dropped the ramp on the enclosed trailer and there was a cat sitting in the trailer. The only thing I could figure is the cat got in the trailer sometime at the previous property.

Shortly after dropping the ramp the cat walked out of the trailer and looked around, it was obvious that it was completely confused to it's location as it slowly started walking around.

I figured I had two options at this point:
1. Let it wonder off and hopefully it would find itself a new home.
2. Try and catch it and take it back to the previous location, knowing that the client of previous home does not have a cat, but might be a neighbors.

I figured the best thing was to take the cat back to the previous location. Catching the cat was the easy part, trying to stuff it into a storage cabinet so it wouldn't run off until after I finished up the current property proved to be a slightly different problem. Seems the cat didn't want to go into the small, dark, confined space.

Anyways, long story short, I went back to previous property and dropped it off. This time after letting the cat out of the trailer it seemed to know where it was.

Would you have done the same or just let it wonder off?

GreenUtah
10-12-2005, 12:31 PM
I would have taken it home, cooked it up and fed it to my dog...kidding kidding...no hate mail! But it sounds like you may have a future in cat herding/rustling if it was easy for you to catch..lol..what would you have done if it acted confused when you took it back to the previous stop? Keep driving around all day until it pointed at a house? lol..is there a reason letting a cat roam is different than letting a dog roam? I would have dropped it off at the local animal control and let the owners come bail it out and weigh their pet practices.

DBL
10-12-2005, 12:37 PM
yeah i agree good job you made someone happy