PDA

View Full Version : How was I supposed to know?

Drafto
10-11-2005, 10:06 PM
How was I supposed to know..........

1. When excavating for a retaining wall, even though your trench is 24" wide, dig it a little more b/c if it rains after you have your fabric in and some modifed........that your sides will collapse and it will be he!! digging mud from beneath the textile fabric!

2. To just purchase a jumping jack, b/c when you rent one for a week and it rains, then you get it for the second week and it rains, then when you ask the rental place to just sell you the thing.......and they won't.

3. When you order corners for Allan Block retaining wall systems, the moldings don't produce them correctly and they still need to be cut to fit properly??????? (Read it again it is typed correctly)

Drum roll please.......

4. When doing paver driveways, go out of your way to tell the customers, they won't be able to use thier driveway until you are done.

I need this hardscaping learing curve to end! The knowledge is there, the tools are there, the manpower is there, I am absorbing as much as I can but man, sometimes it is downright frustrating! I have had a tough couple weeks and I am just venting. But seriously, I have no other choice but to get through these times and learn these lessons on my own, what else is there to do? I can't go back and work for someone for 10 years to learn the nuances of this trade, I have no choice but to do it on my own. Someone start offering lesson!

Dan

neversatisfiedj
10-12-2005, 07:18 AM
Its construction work. There are going to be setbacks, just part of the business. ;)

Tvov
10-12-2005, 07:41 AM
Drum roll please.......

4. When doing paver driveways, go out of your way to tell the customers, they won't be able to use thier driveway until you are done.

:laugh: Sorry, that just reminds me of so many different situations with customers...

GreenMonster
10-12-2005, 09:14 PM
How was I supposed to know..........

3. When you order corners for Allan Block retaining wall systems, the moldings don't produce them correctly and they still need to be cut to fit properly??????? (Read it again it is typed correctly)

yeah, no sh!t. I still get pizzed every time I need to use corners. I go out of my way to build with curves to avoid their friggin' corners:angry:

mbella
10-12-2005, 10:39 PM
Yeah, and we thought none of the guys on here were obsessive, job defacing, sport loving, closet, hetero stalking, homosexuals. How were we supposed to know? Greenmonster, how were we supposed to know?

cgland
10-13-2005, 12:35 AM
Miiiikkke -- I seee youuuu!

Chris

Drafto
10-13-2005, 09:21 AM
Hey Mike, you might want to step out of the closet. You have used a few threads to express your sexuality, it is okay man, a lot of male business owners are g@y. Maybe you could apply for some special goverment grants or something to aid your business. Oh, and speaking of stalkers, where are my faxes, and when are we having lunch? And when does my free labor start? And for the record, none of that is g@y!

Dan

P.S. Chris, you always have your eyes on Mike.

GreenMonster
10-13-2005, 10:03 PM
I have a 3 dollar bill in my pocket that ain't as queer as you guys.

mbella
10-13-2005, 10:17 PM
I have a 3 dollar bill in my pocket that ain't as queer as you guys.

Is that right next to your pink pen?

I'm sorry Mark, I couldn't resist.

PLM-1
10-14-2005, 01:46 AM
I've been building a patio with a large retaining wall. I built the wall about halfway up and I told the homeowner not to water the lawn up hill until i got the wall backfilled. What did she do? watered...and washed out some of the wall. nothing like redoing a 90' retaining wall because she left the water on all night.

RedWingsDet
10-14-2005, 09:07 PM
yeah, no sh!t. I still get pizzed every time I need to use corners. I go out of my way to build with curves to avoid their friggin' corners:angry:

see I rather have to cut the corners and make 45's on the caps, then have to make several cuts on the caps for those curves.

GreenMonster
10-16-2005, 03:59 PM
see I rather have to cut the corners and make 45's on the caps, then have to make several cuts on the caps for those curves.

yeah, but curves are coooool. :cool: