PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on leaf loaders......

MLI
10-12-2005, 07:56 AM
....we have always had a 16 hp Billy Goat leaf loader mounted on the front of our trailer. Heres the problem....I sold the open trailer, and leaf loader(10 yrs 0ld)and now have an enclosed trailer and no sucker! Im in process of figuring out which leaf loader to purchase now. My options would be Lesco 16 hp with swing hitch and shoot extension($3000)mounted on back of dump, or Bearcat 24 hp Honda trailer mounted($4200)pulled behind dump. From what I hear there are pros and cons to each setup.......any imput?! There will be 2 trucks on each site....1 for trailer with equip.....1 for sucker setup!

Itsgottobegreen
10-13-2005, 12:25 AM
I really would look at the little wonder vac. I was really impressed. My gaint vac when it dies will be replaced with a LW.

Boycea
10-13-2005, 01:14 AM
I like the little wonder, billy goat, and giant vac. I though that lesco was going to stop producing the vacs form what I heard, not sure if this is true or not though. I would also veer away from the lesco because I think parts would be more readily available with another brand than with the lesco. This is just my opinion on dealing with lesco on other equipment. I received a flier in the mail and it had prices for both the giant vac and the little wonder which are posted below:

Giant Vac:
16Hp briggs vanguard electric start mounted on swing away hitch:$2,850.
20hp kohler electric start, trailer mounted: $4,395
25hp Kohler electric start, trailer mounted: $4,995

Little Wonder:
16hp Briggs vanguard: $2,560
22hp Kohler: $4,010
27hp kohler: $4,690
Swing away kit for truckloader: $554.00

Hope this helps. I'm running a Hi-way (painted billy goat) leaf vac with the 16hp briggs vanguard engine on it. I love the vac and the engine has performed very well with no problems.