PDA

View Full Version : Which dealer?

daveyo
10-12-2005, 10:04 AM
My gravely dealer wasn't giving me any service what so ever. The three times I went there it was like I didn't exist, heard I wasn't the only one. Anyway, I called gravely about the problem I was having with the machine and told them my dealer was clueless, literally. Gravely steps up to the plate for me and tells they'll have my mower fixed under warranty ASAP. The next day I get a call from my dealer, basically telling me there will be no more problems and promises to have my gravely fixed in one day. I tell him how unhappy I have been so far but agree to give him another chance before I move on permanently. This is when I also tell him I am in the market for a 36Wright stander 15hp, and he might want to really step up because I'm always looking to expand and refine. Later, I get a phone call and he tells me he can sell me one for $4298.30 out the door, so I tell him to put a hold on one for me. I then get a phone call from another dealer I deal with and he tells me he can sell me one for $4112.80 out the door, a $185.50 difference. My problem is that I never got great service from the first dealer, theres only a 6 mile difference between the two and service is better at the second dealer, so far. That said the first dealer did promise to step up, but hasn't yet. Would you buy the Stander from the first dealer or the second dealer and move on?

wowlawncare
10-12-2005, 04:32 PM
Depends on your loyality. If there is a serous problem with the first dealer then say goodbye. OR tell him the offer that you got from another dealer and if he wont do it, DEFF say goodbye!!! But to me service is the most importnat thing. Esp if your a retruning customer. They need to be on thier knees for you. The rule of thumb is a happy customer will tell 2 people to shop there. A unhappy customer will tell 8 people not to shop there. So you need to make everyone happy.

LB1234
10-12-2005, 04:35 PM
The rule of thumb is a happy customer will tell 2 people to shop there. A unhappy customer will tell 8 people not to shop there. So you need to make everyone happy.

Never thought of it that way...but a very good point and its true. I recommend people to certain nurseries, landscape supply places, etc. Anyone that has pieced me off I tell everyone and there mother NOT to shop there.

LB1234
10-12-2005, 04:36 PM
The rule of thumb is a happy customer will tell 2 people to shop there. A unhappy customer will tell 8 people not to shop there. So you need to make everyone happy.

Never thought of it that way...but a very good point and its true. I recommend people to certain nurseries, landscape supply places, etc. Anyone that has pieced me off I tell everyone and there mother NOT to shop there.

LB1234
10-12-2005, 04:36 PM

LB1234
10-12-2005, 04:38 PM
oops, sorry 'bout that no way to delete them huh?

daveyo
10-12-2005, 05:53 PM
I think I'm going to tell the first dealer to match it for all the bs he put me through. if he matches it I know he is serious, if not he's blowin smoke up my arss.

Daveyo
O'Donnell Landscape and design

wowlawncare
10-12-2005, 06:52 PM
I had one of the smartest businessmen I know tell me that once. Its the best advice ive ever gotten I think. Every time I deal with a customer and I want to tell them where they can go... I think about that and how it can hurt me in the future.