PDA

View Full Version : can you ever part, and remain civil?

bobbygedd
10-12-2005, 12:52 PM
i recently cancelled a client. she was late every month, for 8 months, plus all of last year. when she recieved cancellation, she calls, "oh, please don't cancel me, i was late cus my mother died." i replied, "mrs xxxstien, i'm very sorry for your loss, but you have been late every month, for more than a year, how many times did your mother die?" well, i saw her today at the supermarket, i said, "oh, hi mrs. xxstien, how are you?" she replied, "don't talk to me, you creepy little b@stard!." and she walked away. what, is up with that?

MBDiagMan
10-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Goes to show that there are deadbeats and then there also lieing deadbeats.

I think you handled it reasonably well. At least you did eventually get your money from her. Unfortunately there are plenty of people that would rather lie and make up excuses than to be honorable. It's a sad fact of todays world.

Have a great day,
Doc

Restrorob
10-12-2005, 01:15 PM
Bobby, Maybe had you given her one of your favorite fruit baskets she wouldn't have felt that way. :laugh:

TURFLORD
10-12-2005, 04:53 PM
A friend of mine once said"a customer that doesn't pay isn't a customer". I have a customer that owes me 1k. Only recently finished paying for last year. They've been with me for a couple of years. The only reason I let it get this bad is because they have been sending in money. That is until a couple of months ago. I have recently noticed a bunch of new plants with red dyed mulch that they installed themselves( yes it's scary looking ). While cutting the other day I knocked on the door looking for a check and was told they are still recovering from the summer(she's a teacher) and I should get a check soon.....Bullsh!t. They're getting sued early. I'm not waiting for December on this one. Oh yeah. I was talking to the husband one day and he thought it was ok not to pay me on time because I'm charging them finance fees. Am I really supposed to fall for that. Duh I cut da grass, I'm dooopid.payup

rodfather
10-12-2005, 04:55 PM
I would have called her a C U Next Tuesday probably.

yrdandgardenhandyman
10-12-2005, 07:05 PM
i recently cancelled a client. she was late every month, for 8 months, plus all of last year. when she recieved cancellation, she calls, "oh, please don't cancel me, i was late cus my mother died." i replied, "mrs xxxstien, i'm very sorry for your loss, but you have been late every month, for more than a year, how many times did your mother die?" well, i saw her today at the supermarket, i said, "oh, hi mrs. xxstien, how are you?" she replied, "don't talk to me, you creepy little b@stard!." and she walked away. what, is up with that?

The longer I am in this business and the more I deal with people, the more I see that some people deserve to be dealt with by a "creepy little b@stard!".
I think you handled it just right. Good lawnboy Bobby.

Brianslawn
10-12-2005, 07:13 PM
she replied, "don't talk to me, you creepy little b@stard!." and she walked away. what, is up with that?

have you looked in a mirror lately, bobby?:confused:

im just kidding bud... i cant believe anyone would ever call you that.

should have given her a gift. i guess you can pass that customer to skippy and charge him the standard referral fee. :laugh:

hows the fishin???

Precision
10-12-2005, 09:22 PM

yes you can. I had a client cancel because they were moving. They moved back 6 months later and became a client again. No big deal.

But in that situation, no and why would you want to? I do the work you pay me and ON TIME. Why is that so difficult for some clients to understand.

Sending the States Attorney after someone on Friday. She wrote me 4 bad checks and has told me she isn't going to pay despite having a lein placed. In Florida writing bad checks to businesses is a crime. Writing a second bad check to cover the first one is worse. Our States Attorney loves these cases.