PDA

View Full Version : Lesco dealers in your area.......

Cigarcop
10-12-2005, 05:08 PM
If any of you guys go there do you find the managers or employees helpful, knowledgeable, or do you find yourself saying "what the ^%#&^#*"?

I have a 160 Lesco leaf vac and called on Monday to see if they had an extension for it to raise the chute higher. Mind you I'm speaking with the manager of this place. He advises me that he doesn't think so. I also asked him if he was familiar with the machine and he states "No", I think they only have two machines and this is the biggest, how can the manager not know this product?

I'm not leaving it at that and ask him if he could possibly check, it was like pulling teeth, finally he says I'll check and get back to you. I finally today had to call him back to find out they do offer a 2' extension.

Just curious since its raining and I'm bored half to death if any of you guys have the same trouble at your Lesco dealers?

JB1
10-12-2005, 05:14 PM
I always thought they were a good company , IF you were just starting out or if you didn't know anything. Once you get more knowledge about your field, well you know now what I mean first hand.

Jpocket
10-12-2005, 09:47 PM
Lesco is a chemical company that sells mowers, they know next to nothoing about the power equipment they sell. You now more about the unit than they do they just sell em.

Cigarcop
10-12-2005, 09:54 PM
Trust me I'm finding that out.

lwcmattlifter
10-12-2005, 10:17 PM
I have learned that you have to have a part number in hand before you go in there to be successful with Lesco. The guys at the branch I shop give me the equipment parts book and let me find the part I need. Yes, we shouldn't have to look up the parts but, do you want the right one?

AlbeLawn
10-13-2005, 02:19 AM
both of the guys at my lesco know alot about the equipment. As of a month ago they had a mechanic full time but he left. the manager helped me fix a problem with the trimmer several times w/o charging or even thinking about it. It might be a rare thing but they know a hell of alot about the chemicals and the equipment and will always go out of the way to get things.

Example,
a month ago in the middle of aerating season i call and see if he can get there pull behind/ 3-point aerator. Well he found me one in Chicago and called me right away. they have treated me well from the start.

TURFLORD
10-13-2005, 07:51 AM
The Ag house I was going to had really annoying counter people. One of them actually told me Talstar wasn't available in liquid form one day. Another day they were going to charge BY THE POUND for wallstone because I was buying an additional pallet that was half gone. The yard chief changed that I'm happy to say. My business to them has dropped substantially. That's when I found Lesco. The relationship is what it should be, I go in, ask questions, get answers. They don't hesitate in helping me find those long lost sprayer parts. And they have a big tub of Tootsie-rolls at the desk:)

walker-talker
10-13-2005, 11:08 AM
Just curious what you had to pay for your 2' extension. I bought one a couple years ago for $115. I thought that was a little high and was going to have one made, but it would have been a little more and with no paint. For the most part the guys here are helpful, but they have a new guy now. I was asking for advice about putting down a winterizer for warm season turf and he suggested the same thing as we use for cool season turf. The other sales rep was on the phone, but overheard the conversation and corrected his mistakes. How do you like your leaf loader Cigarcop? I made some modifications to mine in the spring. I cut a rectangle at the bend so I could easily unclog when needed. Makes it a lot easier taking that plate off vs taking that top piece that does a 90º.

LB1234
10-13-2005, 11:15 AM
Just curious what you had to pay for your 2' extension. I bought one a couple years ago for $115. I thought that was a little high and was going to have one made, but it would have been a little more and with no paint. For the most part the guys here are helpful, but they have a new guy now. I was asking for advice about putting down a winterizer for warm season turf and he suggested the same thing as we use for cool season turf. The other sales rep was on the phone, but overheard the conversation and corrected his mistakes. How do you like your leaf loader Cigarcop? I made some modifications to mine in the spring. I cut a rectangle at the bend so I could easily unclog when needed. Makes it a lot easier taking that plate off vs taking that top piece that does a 90º.

Can't you just go to a local weld shop? We did for our billy goat. Cost us $100but that included welding some brackets on our trailer for the tarp system we have.

walker-talker
10-13-2005, 11:20 AM
Can't you just go to a local weld shop? We did for our billy goat. Cost us $100but that included welding some brackets on our trailer for the tarp system we have.I did and they wanted around $120-$130....it was a little more, like I said and it was not going to be painted. I went with the Lesco brand.

geogunn
10-13-2005, 11:30 AM
Lesco is a chemical company that sells mowers, they know next to nothoing about the power equipment they sell. You now more about the unit than they do they just sell em.

I don't see any basis provided for this statement.

I now trade at TWO LESCO stores and find them knowledgeable and both helpful.

GEO

LwnmwrMan22
10-13-2005, 11:47 AM
It's just like any other place of business.

You're going to have people that know something about their product, you're going to have people that have no clue.

The Lesco that I deal with has gone through probably 10 employees in 4 years. Finally, the last 3 guys have a VERY good idea of what's going on, but 1 has been with Lesco for years, and the other 2 were in business for themselves before they sold out and decided to go on the other side of the counter and work an 8-4 job.

Lawn-Scapes
10-13-2005, 12:16 PM
The Lesco dealer nearest me (45 minutes) has answered all my questions regarding any product satisfactorily. I just wish they were closer. :(

Cigarcop
10-19-2005, 04:06 PM

Walker-talker,

Sorry for the delayed response, $140.00 now a days for that 2' extension. I also thought about a welding shop but again, no paint, and I wanted it to match the machine. I like the machine and really haven't found it to clog unless I really stuff it with some wet stuff. regarding the slot you cut, I also cut a slot in my box that I can remove and turn the chute away from the box in case it were to clog.