PDA

View Full Version : Increased price = Increased complaints

procut
10-12-2005, 10:17 PM
I have these two customers who I have had for a while. A few pointless complaints from time to time, but nothing I couldn't tolerate. At the beginning of the season, one recieved a $5.00 per cut increase and the other $7.00. Throughout the season they have both seemed to be complaining/requesting about pointless things beyond my controll. Just one example is requesting which day their proporty is serviced. I was wondering if they feel becasue they are paying more now, it gives them a right to complain/demand more? Anyone else notice this?

befnme
10-12-2005, 10:39 PM
dont know. i went up 5.00 across the board with the first fuel increase and havent heard a peep out of anyone. i have accts. that i service on particular days but that is for my benefit.

ajordan193
10-12-2005, 11:24 PM
My prices are going up next season also and i have a few customers that act just like you are describing. No matter what the price is customers will always complain about prices. Just my .02 cents!

procut
10-13-2005, 08:52 AM
Hey you took my name lol. there not complaining about prices, just complaints and demamnds in general and the beginning of the season they never even blinked at the increase. These are two older people, and honestly I feel that they think because they are now paying significanly more that it gives them the right to demand more. Another examlpe is that one of them feels they are entitled to a free leaf clean-up. In the past I always billed leaf clean-up extra and they neve had a problem with it. It is almost as if they feel the increased price should include more service.

daveintoledo
10-13-2005, 09:29 AM
they are not looking at the fact that your cost has increased and you are passing that along to continue with the same profit margin, they think since they pay more , they deserve more, even though they are really paying more to receive the same services at an increased rate due to cost of living....
i antisipate this problem when i raise all my prices in the spring