PDA

View Full Version : The Never ending rain of New Jersey

Natural Impressions
10-13-2005, 05:17 PM
So how is work going this week for everyone in Jersey. Especially Central area. At least I know when I get back out there all my mowers have been well maintained. Question for everyone. Even if we get the second half of the day tomorrow with no rain, will anyone even try to mow? I fear I will do more damage to the ground if I try to get out there before monday. That's when I think I will return to work. Give me some feed back. And have fun with the days off.:waving: :cool: :blob3: :D :pumpkin: :pumpkin:

rodfather
10-13-2005, 05:36 PM
We have a bunch that shouldn't be any problem...but enough already of the rain. This is getting old fast.

LB1234
10-13-2005, 06:13 PM
I've been keeping busy...with office stuff...took a trip to attorney's office to update partnership agreement and snow plowing contract. Getting ready for winter by sending out proposals for snow plowing and more flyers...

all in all it hasn't been too bad...now, if it decides to rain through the weekend...then I'll start to complain...

TURFLORD
10-15-2005, 07:01 AM
Great Dane 52" surfer...$7000. 16oz cup of coffee....$1.20. Screwin up customers lawns all day Saturday while the customers are home...priceless. I'm goin mowin.

LB1234
10-15-2005, 11:36 AM
HEEEELLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!:help: :help: :help: :help:

The suns out...what do we do? Stay calm...don't panic...

Turfdude
10-16-2005, 12:26 PM
We worked every day but Tuesday (2 guys worked in shop & did 2 small pruning jobs). We didn't mow but Monday & Wednesday till we were soaked. We did get a lot of odds-n-ends wrapped up. We'll resume mowing on Monday and now will be mowing weekly again for at least 3 weeks maybe 4. We have a good amount of fall landscaping and pruning and our renovations will be completed this week too. Good luck to all. This fall has totally sucked in this area. Our total mowing loss is probably around $35,000. Thank God we're not a mowing only company.

The Happy Gardner
10-16-2005, 12:52 PM
I try-ed this in the commercial mowing section, but seeing you guys seem to be accustom to wet mowing let me ask you .
Anyone ever try a off market mesh mower bag for mowing in the wet. I see a number of crews in my area with a green honda bag that's made of a very porous mesh????

I'm not trying to redirect this thread ( I hate when people do that) so If you want to go to my thread on the commercial mowing section I would appreciate it.

I haven't been on for a couple months and this new format is screwy with the commercial and maintenance section separated.

In regards to your thought, I'm in the NW and it never stops raining here and we figure "if you don't mow in the rain you don't mow" just watch your turns and use your lightest mower.

rodfather
10-16-2005, 03:33 PM
We worked every day but Tuesday (2 guys worked in shop & did 2 small pruning jobs). We didn't mow but Monday & Wednesday till we were soaked. We did get a lot of odds-n-ends wrapped up. We'll resume mowing on Monday and now will be mowing weekly again for at least 3 weeks maybe 4. We have a good amount of fall landscaping and pruning and our renovations will be completed this week too. Good luck to all. This fall has totally sucked in this area. Our total mowing loss is probably around $35,000. Thank God we're not a mowing only company.

QB's says I lost 28 and change for just mowing...don't even want to know how much in aerating and seeding.

LB1234
10-16-2005, 03:36 PM
I'm jealous...

sad to say I'm lucky to bring that in a month let alone a week...hopefully one day...

Lawn-Scapes
10-16-2005, 06:16 PM
QB's says I lost 28 and change for just mowing...don't even want to know how much in aerating and seeding.
Rod.. are you not going to even try to get aerating and seeding done? I don't think it's too late and with the ground so wet.. probably good results. I was able to work between the rain drops and get most of mine done. I have 2 more to fit in somewhere in the next couple of days.

The grass has really EXPLODED in the last couple of days. I had to throw doubles on and double cut a few places... what a weird year.

rodfather
10-16-2005, 06:44 PM
We got 3 aerating and seeding jobs in today Tom. But I am holding off on the big ones I have lined up until next Spring.

prizeprop
10-16-2005, 08:40 PM
I was suprised at how dry the grass was in central nj on saturday. Glad we decided to cut, I thought it would definetly be messy.