PDA

View Full Version : dump trailer = cracked cement?

RedWingsDet
10-15-2005, 09:54 PM
well today while using the 5 yard dump, I cracked a customers sidewalk. Ive never ever cracked cement with it before, so maybe they just had weak cement?

anyway, have any of you done this, and if so, did you fix it? or let the city fix it?

the homeowners dont care, but I do.

procut
10-15-2005, 10:06 PM
Its a tough call. I'd say they must have had thin/weak cement. Back to your question, I think the city will offer some sort of re-imbersment if you tear out and replace a section of sidewalk. At least thats how it is where I live, or at least that hiw they used to it that way.

olderthandirt
10-15-2005, 10:06 PM
Cut out the section that cracked and replace it. The customer will care in a few yrs if the sidewalk heaves and the city wants it repaired

RedWingsDet
10-15-2005, 10:08 PM
Cut out the section that cracked and replace it. The customer will care in a few yrs if the sidewalk heaves and the city wants it repaired

thats what im thinking. The city replaces it though. When ever a section of sidewalk is 2" above the other section they replace it so the city doesnt get sued. I looked under a piece that broke of, and there was a gap, no wonder it cracked.

olderthandirt
10-15-2005, 10:14 PM
thats what im thinking. The city replaces it though. When ever a section of sidewalk is 2" above the other section they replace it so the city doesnt get sued. I looked under a piece that broke of, and there was a gap, no wonder it cracked.
City will replace it here also. Then they just access the cost to you through your property taxes. Its cheap and releativly quick to fix it and it will make you look good in your customers eyes. I would replace it JMO:waving:

RedWingsDet
10-15-2005, 10:17 PM
City will replace it here also. Then they just access the cost to you through your property taxes. Its cheap and releativly quick to fix it and it will make you look good in your customers eyes. I would replace it JMO:waving:

right on. I'll replace it tommorrow after the sprinklers get in.

one good thing about it is that the sprinkler guy wont have to go under any concrete. lol

is their any special concrete I should use on it?

PurpHaze
10-15-2005, 10:18 PM

Agree. Although the customer doesn't care right now you will come out smelling a lot sweeter for the future.