PDA

View Full Version : Bed Edger

lawnguy12
10-17-2005, 10:59 AM
Hi,
I'm looking to purchase a good, quality bed edger. Any recommendations on what to buy and look for? Any information you can give me is greatly appreciated.

gene gls
10-17-2005, 10:23 PM
Hi,
I'm looking to purchase a good, quality bed edger. Any recommendations on what to buy and look for? Any information you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Take a look at the Side Winder, multi funcitional power unit....Its on my list of wants.........www.turfteq.com

Gene

JKOOPERS
10-18-2005, 06:58 PM
that sidewinder looks like a great machine but no one in my area sells them . i would love to demo one of them . the only ones i have used are browns and some yellow one but i forget the name . i like the browns but is not self propelled , really sucks if you have alot of hills to contend with .

gene gls
10-18-2005, 08:50 PM
that sidewinder looks like a great machine but no one in my area sells them . i would love to demo one of them . the only ones i have used are browns and some yellow one but i forget the name . i like the browns but is not self propelled , really sucks if you have alot of hills to contend with .

The Side Winder is new to the market. I seen it at a show in Connecticut last year. Very nice power unit.

Gene

o-so-n-so
10-19-2005, 12:09 AM
I have rented a "Bedshaper" and it done a nice job. Easy to operate but only has one function...I think?

The "Bed Edger" by Brown Mfg. seems to be a very nice unit and its multi-functional. If I were to buy a unit today it would be the "Bed Edger".

thats my O

lawnguy12
10-19-2005, 09:13 AM
Hey guys,
Thanks for the information and taking the time to respond.

turfcobob
10-20-2005, 07:07 PM
Go look at the Edge R Rite by Turfco. Turfco.com then click on the lawncare side. The machine works like a sod cutter. cuts back and forth and just lays the edged material over for later pickup. This is good is you do not want to re-mulch the beds. It has 5 blades for doing 5 types of cutting not just beds. Does sidewalks, a mini stripper for edging installs, a mini "V" trech blade and another for installing brick edging.
Since it cuts back and forth is shakes the hell outa ya in hard ground but water a little and it is pretty easy to run. Cuts down to like 4 inches deep and the nice thing is it is in front of you so you can look right down on where you are edging. I forget what it costs but that is in the web site and you buy it right from them.

Turfcobob

bondman35a
10-23-2005, 10:50 AM
I second the turfco, It is a great machine for the price. ($1500) And you dont have to walk backwards with it.

Meadowbrook
11-16-2005, 12:10 AM
I have a Bedshaper, blue & red. Blades can be changed for burying cable, laying pipe, or shaping landscape beds. Love the machine, but it sucks that you've gotta walk backwards with it, that's my only pet-peve. But it's a great machine for the price, or for anybody that doesn't have $5k to spend on something that will get 20 hrs. use per year.

Chris