PDA

View Full Version : exmark bahia blade.

TClawn
10-17-2005, 02:14 PM
Hello,

Are you able to get what exmark calls a "bahia blade" part # 103-1577

it is for a '01/00 lazer hp. with a 48" deck.

thanks.

partstree
10-17-2005, 02:46 PM
we're actually currently in the process of getting exmark, but we only have toro and lawnboy at the moment. however, our wholegood sales rep tells me that we can get aftermarket alternatives for that part.

MarcSmith
10-17-2005, 03:17 PM
Id love to know what is special about the bahia blade.....I know that when I cut grass it Florida. I did all my bahia on the same day and always had to sharpen afterwards....Tough grass...

i

TClawn
10-17-2005, 04:05 PM
well, I am cutting a grass that is not bahia, but is just like it, but has a bit thinner leaf blade, and the seed heads aren't as bad. but it is still a thick, tough grass, very wirey. I am having cut problems, and exmark told me to try the bahia blade. I never knew there was one until they told me about it. my dealer didn't know either.

TClawn
10-17-2005, 04:06 PM
btw, does toro have a "bahia blade" I bet it is the same if they do.

partstree
10-17-2005, 04:12 PM
i'm not award of any bahia blades for toro and lawnboy equipment, and a search for "bahia" in our database for those brands doesn't turn up anything. our general manager just informed us that he just received notice from exmark that our account is now setup with them, and we will be able to get exmark parts by the end of the week. make another post in this forum in about week to remind me to look for those bahia blades.

Tonyr
10-17-2005, 06:17 PM
The Toro Bahia blade is a med lift blade, same as their notched highlift, without the notch, i.e it is a standard med/high lift blade.

It is a good alrounder blade for stalky weedy grasses, not too much lift and not too little.

partstree
10-18-2005, 08:52 AM
Does that mean a med/high lift blade will do pretty much the same thing? Because we stock those :)

TLS
10-18-2005, 08:59 AM
There are very few discount aftermarket blades that can compare to an OEM Quality blade. When I find one that IS, it's likely because they manufacture for the OEM.

partstree
10-18-2005, 09:43 AM
There are very few discount aftermarket blades that can compare to an OEM Quality blade. When I find one that IS, it's likely because they manufacture for the OEM.

are there any particular aftermarket manufacturers that impress you? is the discounted price worth it?

TLS
10-18-2005, 09:50 AM
Oregon is a big OEM supplier.

And whoever is the manufacturer of Marbane/Marbain MB blades.

My biggest concern is a blade that is true, hole is punched in the center (yes, this isn't always true), and that the lift wing is large enough.

Often times, aftermarket blades don't have an agressive lift wing, or they're bent or tweaked.

They must also have a fully sharpened cutting edge.

Also, for me to order online and save, they must arrive at my door for a similar price that I'd get at a dealer.

partstree
10-18-2005, 10:19 AM
yes, oregon and silver streak are big alternative manufacturers.

i also agree that if i'm going to order something online, that it shouldn't be much more expensive than going to the local dealer to buy the part. (i don't think it should cost less with shipping, they are saving me the trouble and gas of having to drive to the dealer afterall) although in the case of blades, i believe it would be cheaper (unless you live far enough from the nearest dealer) to get parts locally, as they're quite heavy and expensive to ship.