PDA

View Full Version : Direct Mailing

Al Jackson
10-17-2005, 04:36 PM
I'm in Northern California and I studying to get my QAL. I want to combined the pest control business with the lawn maintenance business. I'm thinking about direct mail. Send out 50k pieces and hope for .5% response rate. My question is: What's your response rate when you send out direct mail? (How many pieces did you send out and how many responded)

Thanks in advance for your feed back :help:

gil
10-17-2005, 05:19 PM
I've sent 1000 flyers during 3 different times. I am getting a 3% response rate.
I also sent 500 postcards and I received just 1 phone call.
Hope this helps.
Gil

Al Jackson
10-17-2005, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the info, Gil. Any others out there who used direct mail?

EliteImpressions
10-17-2005, 09:51 PM
Al

Im in the process of starting a direct mail company along with doing lawn care as well. If you want, I can get you a quote for total cost of the mailing including postage, design, etc. Just let me know the size of the mailer, whether its double sided or not, the definite number of houses, and the paramaters for picking the houses this mailing will go to (ie anual income, zipcodes, home value, etc). Email me at joseph@paramountadvertising.com if you need some help.

Thanks
Joe

If anyone is looking for cheap postcards with a very high quality contact me. Im going to talk to a printer to see if I can get a group discount price.

ArizPestWeed
10-17-2005, 10:11 PM
I get 30,000 half sheets post cards printed for $750.00.
The cost to mail is $3,600 .
My response is .3%
I send about 60,000 a year

DUSTYCEDAR
11-10-2005, 11:27 AM
what i have found out over the years with adds and spending over 20grand in the last few on stuff is
if u cant afford to lose the money on the adds dont do it
there is no gaurentee that u will get any work from any add