PDA

View Full Version : Tree Care / Design Class - Medford, OR Winter Term

mdvaden
10-18-2005, 01:42 AM
In case anyone is near Medford / Grants Pass / Ashland, Oregon, pass word to anyone of interest in a Tree Care class (community ed) at Rogue Community College next winter term.

When I moved here from Beaverton / Portland area, I was surprised to see that there is no college landscape or tree program. It's a dry scene. I think there is a non-credit pesticides class and one in irrigation - that's about it.

My course outline was accepted for next winter. It's not "just" a tree class. It will have a significant portion devoted to soils, mulch and drainage that makes the information pertinent to shrubs or most phases of landscape and lawn care too.

It will cover landscape design principles - primarily trees, but a bit more.

If you go to my site: M. D. Vaden (http://www.mdvaden.com) - click the blue tree class button on the home page to access a full description and the PDF / Word docs of the course outline.

This may be the only college tree care class within miles. With enough support, it would be nice to expand the course to 11 weeks if attendance is good.

mdvaden
10-20-2005, 02:13 AM
Hey, looks like I double posted. I thought one vanished. Ever seen one of those phantom posts that seem to apparently malfuntion and vanish, only to work? Had a couple on arboristsite when the post reply option locks up.

mdvaden
01-04-2006, 12:51 AM
Update....

We made a page for this class, with info and links to the college pages too. Winter term is starting, but there's time to register - class starts February. If anyone lives from Ashand to Grants Pass or Merlin, or Eagle Point to Murphy or Williams, let your workers know about this opportunity. Thanks.

mdvaden
01-04-2006, 12:51 AM
Almost forgot....

I supplied links...and people can enroll via the internet at the college web site.