PDA

View Full Version : Truck Cleaning

rbriggs
10-18-2005, 07:02 PM
For those of you with multiple truck operations, how do you go about getting your trucks washed? Do you make the crews responsible or do you hire someone to do it on an off day? Just curious. Right now, our crews are responsible, but it's more like babysitting to get them to keep the trucks clean. I'm considering assigning a truck to each driver and he/she will be responsible for maintenance, inventory and cleanlieness.

Team_Yamaha
10-18-2005, 07:20 PM
I hire 2 of the neighbor kids (brother13/sister15) to wash my trucks every saturday. They come to the shop at 9 and wash all the dump truck, the 1 tons, all the trailers (20' equipment, the 24', 2-28', 30', and 36' goosenecks). It takes them 5-6 hours to wash everything, and I pay them $10 per hour. In the winter, if the roads have been salted alot or the trucks have been out plowing alot, then I will either have the kids come over on a weeknight for a coupe of hours also, or have the drivers wash them when they get back for a run.

Lawn Masters
10-19-2005, 12:36 AM
I take my truck to the scout carwashes every saturday we have em, and get the troop to wash it. they do a good job too, and the money goes to a good cause. I'm a member of the troop, so I know who's washing my truck.

Brianslawn
10-20-2005, 12:47 AM
nobody gets paid on payday until all trucks are cleaned

Lawn Masters
10-20-2005, 01:15 AM
nobody gets paid on payday until all trucks are cleaned
I should try that, makes SURE the trucks are clean.

newz7151
10-20-2005, 01:17 AM
Wash? When it gets dirty, buy a new one! payup

Metro Lawn
10-20-2005, 02:20 AM
Every Friday the trucks and trailers are washed, along with the mowers ect. When they finsih for the day and get back to the yards, everything power washed before being parked and before paychecks..lol
payup

Varsity L&G
10-20-2005, 03:54 AM
I enjoy washing as much as I do mowing. At least one a week everything in the driveway gets a was. nothing we own is every dirty. Keep in mind this usually includes at least 4 cars and trucks. About once a month one of them gets a full shampoo of all the seats and carpet and a wax job. The Motorcycle gets randomly wiped down with quick detailer after or before every ride. It is never dirty.

Washing cars is the only sane time I have to really chill and slow down. Gives me time to think.

rbriggs
10-21-2005, 01:22 AM
I like the payday washing technique. I wish pay day was always an early day so that we could implement such a policy. Many pay days during the spring and summer, much like today was, are 8pm ending days. OUCH.