PDA

View Full Version : Dump Body

Copper Moon
10-18-2005, 08:48 PM
Hey i have a 2000 Ford F350 super duty duelly, and i am looking for a new dump body. I haul a lot of heavy things and wanted a body that can hold more than just 2 or 3 yards. I heard of a dump manufacturer out of PA that builds these kinds of bodies but i cant seem to find anything on them. Does anyone know what company makes these. Any help would be awsome

UNISCAPER
10-18-2005, 09:45 PM
My personal choice for dump bodies is Henderson, they use 10 gauge floors, the top rails have angle iron on them so materials will fall off. The lift is a telescopic ram mounted in a dog house at the bulk head of the truck. No cheap scissors lifts on their bodies.

But in a more relavant question....You have an F-350....1 yard of materials, assuming soil weighs it's average of 110lbs per cubic foot puts you at 2970 pounds. 2 yards puts your truck well beyond it's capacity, not to say the truck won't haul it, but you are oveloaded.

So, unless you need something that is going to be beaten pretty badly, whats the sense in overbuilding body?