PDA

View Full Version : trailer and pot holes

laborador
10-19-2005, 08:15 PM
It seems like every time I hit a small pot hole or crack or uneven spot in the road, my trailer gets the brunt of it. The trailer sounds like it drops 10 ft. I am starting to damage equipment. Today I guess my ztr slammed with the trailor and busted the spindle. Does any one elso have this problem can decreasing air pressure help.

topsites
10-19-2005, 08:21 PM
I had this problem mostly in my first 2 years.

I found over time what the problem was, I was always in way too much of a hurry. Nowadays I can forget to secure the Wb and half the time it doesn't move and IF it does, it hardly touches the front or rear of the trailer - EEEEeeeeaasy mule. Potholes only hurt IF I forget where the trailer tires RIDE *OR* if I go through them too fast.

lawnmaniac883
10-19-2005, 08:30 PM
Get a double axle trailer :waving:

Kelly's Landscaping
10-19-2005, 08:37 PM
Not sure about air pressure helping but slowing down works well I go fast on the lawn not on the road I feel its a good rule to follow.

Jason Rose
10-19-2005, 10:07 PM
Tandem axle trailers ride MUCH smoother than singles. Watching mine in the mirror I sometimes wonder if my mowers don't get a better ride than I do in my 3/4 ton truck...

Slow Down! All too often I find myslef driving as fast and maneuvering just as I would driving my good truck. Forgetting I'm driving a 3/4 ton truck with a dump bed and pulling a 20' trailer. Why? Well the 460 cu. in. engine gets me going and the trailer brakes help me get stopped again. all with no problems and NO accidents. It's all the inbetween stuff, the pot holes, the sudden attack of the dip from nowhere, that sends everything into the air as the trialer drops and the equipment dosn't.... OUCH!

Lately Iv'e been watching myself on the speed... Last think I need is to have an accident! Always watch the road and 360* around you. Stupid drivers are everywhere! No sence in being one of them!