PDA

View Full Version : Felco pruners

EarthTech Landscapes
03-22-2001, 03:31 AM
What do you guys think of Felco hand pruners. and which model size do you guys use.

diginahole
03-22-2001, 07:26 AM
Felco is the only way to go for hand pruners. I have used Felco 2 since I was 12 years old working weekends at a nursery. Its been over 20 years and I have yet to find a better brand. Remember to keep them clean to avoid spreading disease (wipe with alcohol before each plant).

dan deutekom
03-22-2001, 04:39 PM
There just isn,t a better pruner than felco
the #2 is a good workhorse that lasts forever
If you want the cadilac of the line get the #7 with the rotating handle and save some wear and tear on your wrist

bam
03-22-2001, 08:18 PM
Felco #2 is a good choice. It's worth spending a few extra bucks for a quality cut.

Our crews lose them at an unreasonable rate so we have also started using the cheap Felco 5's for guys that will do just occasional pruning.

matthew Urban
03-22-2001, 10:15 PM
Great pruners
I miss my # 8's, they seem to have run off.
I will be out buying a new new pair as soon as the snow is gone.

GroundKprs
03-22-2001, 10:31 PM
There is Felco, and then there are a bunch of others. But Sandvik makes nice loppers. If you just want to dabble in pruning, try Felco #2 If you are into serious pruning go with #7, rotating handle For small hands, try #8, but most women find #6 is best And if you are left handed, Felco has most of these in LH design, different model #'sUnfortunately, you do not often see the full line at trade shows. About the only exception to this was the Mid-Am in January in Chicago a couple of years ago. Now that Stihl has come out with a line of hand tools for dealers to stock, you might see other brands out there, too. Right now, except in large cities, mail order is the norm.

jrodgers
03-24-2001, 10:23 PM
Felco #2 are a great all around hand pruner.....