PDA

View Full Version : * Links to other discussion forums are prohibited.

gusbuster
03-22-2001, 10:33 AM
∑ Links to other discussion forums are prohibited.
What does this mean? Itís so broad. What is the point of this statement? I have seen links to other forums before in the commercial and off topic areas. I thought this site was to disseminate information to other lawn care professionals through out the world.

Not complaining, but I now think that I violated one of the posting guidelines. Didnít realize I was breaking the rules until reviewing the posting guidelines. My apologies for the infraction. Until I read the posting guidelines, I never did catch the one sentence when I became a member.
john

KirbysLawn
03-22-2001, 02:57 PM
John, I had posted links to a non lawn related site before I knew of that rule, I had Eric remove the links after I found out. Most every forum has that rule. I saw your post last night and had Jodi take care of it, I'm was sure you were not aware of that rule.

I think some links may have been missed or the rule was not enforced as much when Eric was doing all the moderating by himself.

Ray

gusbuster
03-23-2001, 09:33 PM
Thank you Ray
John

SMB
03-26-2001, 12:18 PM
Does this mean that I can't post links to Yahoo! engine clubs, etc.? I can understand LawnSite being in competition with other lawn care forums, but the description in the guidelines is so broad!