PDA

View Full Version : Slide show Hosta Convention, Cleveland 2005.

Hostavalley
10-22-2005, 09:07 AM
Dear Lawn Friends,

As you’ll see, I’ve been very busy preparing the slide show of the Hosta Convention in Cleveland (USA), June 2005. You’ll find the slide show on www.hostavalley.com. The first series of pictures have been taken during the Hosta leafshow, that took place at this Convention. The next series, you’ll find in the next few weeks.

As you’ll notice, the ‘Hosta of the day’ has had a ‘make over’ and of course you’ll find many new updates in de next weeks. On top of this, I’ve spent a lot of time trying to make the website even more attractive and accessible. I hope you’ll enjoy visiting my website even more.

Looking forward to hearing from you again!

Jeroen Linneman
Hostavalley
(I'm not selling hostas. I Just show them to you)

Dirty Water
10-23-2005, 03:16 PM
I like hosta's... You flew in from the netherlands to go to a hosta convention???

PurpHaze
10-23-2005, 03:28 PM
There are so MANY varieties and so MANY uses in the garden/landscape.

Hostavalley
10-24-2005, 06:26 AM
Thank you both for your reaction on this topic,

Yes I flew in from holland to Cleveland and went to the Convention there and als I did also a Hosta garden trip around Michigan en Ohio.....it was great. I show more of those pictures I took on my website next weekend............Then I have a new convention update

Purphaze.......do you know there is a Hosta called 'Purple Haze'..!!!!!

Jeroen.

PurpHaze
10-24-2005, 09:00 AM
Thank you both for your reaction on this topic,

Yes I flew in from holland to Cleveland and went to the Convention there and als I did also a Hosta garden trip around Michigan en Ohio.....it was great. I show more of those pictures I took on my website next weekend............Then I have a new convention update

Purphaze.......do you know there is a Hosta called 'Purple Haze'..!!!!!

Jeroen.

You've put together a great site with all those pictures. I can tell it's something you love and are dedicated to and you should be very proud of your efforts.

Is the 'Purple Haze' hosta named after Jimi Hendrix' song? I got stuck with the moniker when Hendrix came out with that song since my first name is Hayes. :D

Hostavalley
10-27-2005, 06:54 AM
Hayes,

thank you for your friendly words about my website and the work it takes to get it so far.

I don't know if de hybridizer called this hosta Purple Haze because of the song. I think it's because of the purple haze on the leaves.

Jeroen.

Hostavalley
10-28-2005, 07:54 PM
Hello Lawn Friends,

Like I promised you last week I placed a second update with 30
pictures from the Gardentour (A.H.S convention, 2005) at Doug
Beilstein’s Garden on my website. This update contains pictures of
his garden, seedlings, greenhouse and more. You will find the
slideshow on www.hostavalley.com

I hope you like them……

Jeroen Linneman
www.hostavalley.com

Hostavalley
12-09-2005, 06:35 PM
Dear Hosta friends,

I’ve been very busy the last few days to place more then 50 new hosta pictures on my Hostavalley website. I hope these pictures will help you true a dark and cold winter evening.
The first 25 pictures are a slideshow from last visit at the Hosta Covention (Cleveland) at Van & Shirley Wade Hosta collection. It’s one of the biggest in the world.

The second series of pictures shows some great streakers made from the Original clumps at Clarence Owens or Bob Kuk’s place. Also there are some pictures of new hosta’s…..like Hosta ‘Valley’s Liquid Green’.

But there are to many pictures to tell about……just see them and enjoy….spring 2006 is still far away……………..

Groeten

Jeroen linneman
http://www.hostavalley.com