PDA

View Full Version : Workhorse Power Module

Travis Followell
10-22-2005, 09:00 PM
Just wondering if anyone has one and what do you think of it? They claim you will get a 5 mpg increase and 80 hp more to the rear wheels and 160 ft. lbs torque increase. Sounds pretty good.

Their website is www.888luvdiesel.com

lawnmaniac883
10-23-2005, 11:30 AM
5 mpg is bs. Get a mild box like an edge ez and you will get 1-2 mpg increase. No way your gonna get 5.

Travis Followell
10-23-2005, 02:13 PM
This workhorse module isn't like a chip or a programmer that adds more fuel to the engine to give it more power. Its just a little thing that plugs into the wiring harness that manages the fuel injection pressure and enhances the atomization of the fuel and makes for more complete combustion and they say it works with stock powertrains and stock exhaust. The exhaust temperature's stay the same.

nutt4outdoors
10-25-2005, 03:52 AM
I have to BS the 5mpg also (no matter what they say). Most chips, progammers, fuel boxes or little things that plug into wiring harness are only go for 1-2 mpg and at the most 3 mpg. Then comes the lead foot factor which has no increase in fuel economy becuase it's so dam fun to unleash those added ponies. Even though they state there is no increase in EGT's I would still get a gauge to monitor them.
I agree with lawnman the Edge EZ is a good box. I had one on my '01 Cummins and I saw a 1.5-2 mpg gain in town (depending on that lead foot factor).