PDA

View Full Version : Seeding In New Jersey

ant
10-23-2005, 06:22 PM
i know it's late but i am still aerating and seeding.

jt5019
10-23-2005, 06:28 PM
I still have a couple left to do but its not looking good. Frost advisory tonight then another big rain storm coming.

General Grounds
10-23-2005, 10:47 PM
:blob3: people keep callin im still seedin, its been a pretty warm fall so go for it. tony

FINN
10-23-2005, 10:59 PM
I'm not taking on anymore overseeding. Just trying to finish what I have. I did 41k today. I know a lot of folks are still doing it and not happy about it. I know I've lost more than enough sleep about it. I want to wrap it up this week.

I expect to be doing a lot more this spring. A lot of people are holding off till then to fix the damage done this past summer.

rodfather
10-24-2005, 05:57 AM
I expect to be doing a lot more this spring. A lot of people are holding off till then to fix the damage done this past summer.

Exactly what we are doing.

indyturf
10-26-2005, 11:07 PM
Did two today and have one more tomorrow, hopfully wont get anymore calls for it this fall. But if we do I probablly will go ahead and do them.

fga
10-27-2005, 03:16 PM
Exactly what we are doing.
how do you balence the spring seeding, and pre emergent applications? i got killed this year by crabgrass, and i'm planning do some heavy applications in the spring, but at the same time, i need to do alot of seeding.

do you apply ferts.... then just seed the "spots" with seed, peat, etc.

Clinton NJ, i don't think you're that far from me... so we should be on a similar approach.

rodfather
10-27-2005, 04:34 PM
Places I have to do Adam have absolutely no grass left thanks to the drought (not even crabgrass). I am going in and starting from scratch with aerating heavily and then overseeding with probably upwards of 8 or 9 lbs of seed per K of turf area.

Crabgrass on these props I will deal with at a later date. Even crabgrass would look better than they look now...

jt5019
10-27-2005, 04:46 PM
It's the same way here i cant believe some of the lawns.

rodfather
10-27-2005, 04:49 PM
Clinton NJ, i don't think you're that far from me...

Nope, I am due west of you by about 50 minutes just off Rte 78. BTW, my mom's very large family is from Staten Island.

fga
10-27-2005, 11:29 PM
Nope, I am due west of you by about 50 minutes just off Rte 78. BTW, my mom's very large family is from Staten Island.
i call it manifest destiny all over again.. everyone eventually moves west out of this place. brooklyn moves here, staten islanders go jersey... or plunge deep into Pa.
my little sis gets married in next month, in November, they're looking in NJ for a home. the trend continues. with my route being here, its like an anchor.

so you recommend, seeding first priority in the spring, and deal afterwards with crabgrass, or this only in cases like you have, of completely no grass. i'm hoping it warms up, i have alot of seed down the last 3 weeks. supposed to go out of this cold trend, and go back up into the 60's.