PDA

View Full Version : Size of plywood for trailer

Mortymower
10-24-2005, 12:08 AM
Hey, i am thinking of putting plywood sides on my 6X12 trailer and tarping leves into it. I mow a lot at the end of my street where a house was torn down and there is a 3 foot deep hole the size of an average foundation that needs topsoil. The owner said that i could dump leves/grass there as long as i spread lime on it and turn it every 6 months. VERY CONVEINIENT!!

My question is how thick does the plywood have to be and what are the best designs for anchoring it to the trailer. Thanks!

LawnBoy89
10-24-2005, 12:35 AM
Hey man I did that to my trailer. I'll take some pics tommorow if I can and show you. I have 6.5 x 12.

Mortymower
10-24-2005, 12:38 AM
Thanks I appreciate it

proenterprises
10-24-2005, 12:44 AM
Hey man I did that to my trailer. I'll take some pics tommorow if I can and show you. I have 6.5 x 12.

Lawnboy--> you read my mind. I am thinking of doing the same thing this week with mine. If you could post a good detailed set of pics I would be ever so greatful!

procut
10-24-2005, 11:10 PM
I did the same thing to my trailer. Used 3/4" plywood. Attached it to the frame using U-Bolts. Tied the sections of wood together with heavy duty zip ties to keep them from wobbeling. Sorry, don't have any close up pics.