PDA

View Full Version : problem with irrigation

straightlinelawns
10-24-2005, 08:03 PM
Please help me guys,
I have a customer that is an older lady that gets her brother in-law to do alot of maintenance around the house for her that she can't do anymore like paint, fix appliances...... Well about a month ago this brother in-law decides he should install a sprinkler system at the house since i've got the lawn looking good and she is spending alot of money on me maintaining it(no problem I thought)!!! well I couldn't come to the property for about 2 weeks while he was installing the system because he had the lawn all dug up and pipes were everywhere.( there again, i thought no problem right). So to make a long story short he finally got the irrigation installed and I come over to cut the grass and I realize that he has no clue what he is doing. There are heads in the middle of the lawn and all over the place. valve boxes every where in the way, the wrong heads in the wrong places ect...well I didn't worry about it because its not my lawn but then later on she called me and said I broke one of her heads and i need to fix it. so I go over to fix it and realize that this dumb guy installed the heads wrong. instead of using poly flex pipe to connect the sprinkler head to the main pipe, he put a t fitting on the main line with threads on it and just screwed the head into it. so the head has no give or flex to it and now if you even step on a head it will break. this lady thinks think guy knows everything and wants me to replace the one I broke. Would you??

bjlawn1
10-24-2005, 08:44 PM
was the head lower then the sod

Runner
10-24-2005, 09:02 PM
Explain this to her,...that this is how it is done, and if she doesn't believe you, that she is welcome to call any reputable irrigation company and ask THEM. Because of this, you are unable to be held responsible of any such damage as a result of IMPROPER installation. Now, you must type up a waiver that applies to this. Sorry,...that's just the way it turned out. You are not to blame...she got every bit of what she paid for.

PurpHaze
10-24-2005, 10:40 PM
Well about a month ago this brother in-law decides he should install a sprinkler system at the house...

BIG mistake! No reputable irrigation installer would install this way. It went out with brass Champion spray heads on galvanized pipe. Design wrong + sprinkler heads too high = have brother-in-law fix the dang thing. :angry: