PDA

View Full Version : what to charge for trimming shrubs

mark lagasse
10-25-2005, 05:49 PM
What do you guys charge for trimming shrubs only.

Green-Pro
10-25-2005, 06:25 PM
I charge by the shrub and it depends some might be as little as $10 per shrub and some might go as much as $30 per shrub.

Size and type are determining factor for my final price. Looking at QB I see my average price per shrub has worked out to about $12.50 per shrub. This is an average of all jobs for the season. Also different areas of the country will reflect different prices.

-Geoff

mark lagasse
10-25-2005, 06:27 PM
Does the per shrub also include cleanup?

Green-Pro
10-25-2005, 06:42 PM
does for me but the main point here is size and type, we use a large tarp to catch the trimmings so it really doesn't take long. I have one accoubt I trim 48 @ $15 per, this takes about an hour and a half to two hours including clean up for two people, we are required to do this twice a year.

Ramairfreak98ss
10-28-2005, 12:51 PM
gotta keep in mind, people DONT want to do this, theyll cut theyre lawn 5 times before they have to cut hedges etc. Ive charged my most recent few ive done, $265 for one lady, should have been a little more, but i did all bushes around her whole house, took eh, 2.5hrs.

Another i did took almost 3hrs and was $335, but more cleanup work, involved some very prickly pin like bushes and a lot of holly and pines, so just wasnt a happy situation but it looks nice and the people are happy.

I dont like doing trimming but once in a while its ok, hard on the back and alllll manual labor, which i do all of mine myself. Ive charged people $25 though to do 15 minutes worth of work, you could think i should charge more since 15 minutes and a hours worth are similar in my mind, same process.

I charge some people less if theyre good customers or dont have much money, like in cities i know they CANT afford $100 hedge trimmings, so ive done some for just $30 etc just to keep the place looking nice that i cut their lawns weekly anyway.