PDA

View Full Version : Bahco or Felco?

micah79
10-26-2005, 12:55 PM
I have been reading about both of these companies online, and both of them seem like excellent quality tools. I am looking to purchase a few high quality and comfortable hand pruners. Any user input as to how these brands compare in the field would be appreciated.

Grassmechanic
10-26-2005, 02:58 PM
All I use now is Felco. I never tried Bahco and have no reason to.

sheshovel
10-26-2005, 04:25 PM
I use Felco's almost exclusively when it comes to my hand nip's.(Pruners)I call them nip's.I really like the stick pruner that Fiskar's has put out.It has an adjustable head and two ways to close the head for cutting.They can really reach in close and get into sticky situations that you don't want to stick your hand into.They seem to stay sharp forever and leave a nice clean cut.

TURF DOCTOR
10-26-2005, 05:12 PM
Corona here high end tools,

micah79
10-26-2005, 06:14 PM
I use Felco's almost exclusively when it comes to my hand nip's.(Pruners)I call them nip's.I really like the stick pruner that Fiskar's has put out.It has an adjustable head and two ways to close the head for cutting.They can really reach in close and get into sticky situations that you don't want to stick your hand into.They seem to stay sharp forever and leave a nice clean cut.

What model Fiskars stick pruner do you use?

PurpHaze
10-26-2005, 10:34 PM
Corona here high end tools,

Lemon or lime??? (Oops... wrong forum.) :drinkup:

sheshovel
10-27-2005, 04:51 PM
It's just called the Pruning Stik ,do a search on Fiskars Tools then choose Fiskars Garden tools and look at them

jameson
10-28-2005, 01:30 AM
For hand pruners/secateurs you cant beat the Felco's. The Felco # 2's are indespensible. Everything is replacable, they WILL last forever.

We have used Sandvik Pradines/Bahco hand shears for years. I believe they are the P51 model. Again they will last for years with proper maintenance.

James