PDA

View Full Version : 3-bin bagger for lawn tractor-How well do they work?

KurtisInIowa
10-26-2005, 08:18 PM
I have been getting some leaf cleanup calls and need to figure out the most efficient way to do it. I have a leaf loader but to use it I first must get the leaves to the curb.

I am thinking of getting one of those 3-bin bagging systems for my 48" deck lawn tractor and using that instead of raking. I am wondering how well they work? $350 seems like a lot for 3 plastic garbage bins and some plastic tubing.

I had also considered picking up a used mower style leaf vac/mulcher/shredder but figured I'd spend all day emptying the bag, I'd might as well just rake and blow and tarp the leaves to the curb.

Thanks,
Kurtis

stumper1620
10-26-2005, 08:49 PM
I have been getting some leaf cleanup calls and need to figure out the most efficient way to do it. I have a leaf loader but to use it I first must get the leaves to the curb.

I am thinking of getting one of those 3-bin bagging systems for my 48" deck lawn tractor and using that instead of raking. I am wondering how well they work? $350 seems like a lot for 3 plastic garbage bins and some plastic tubing.

I had also considered picking up a used mower style leaf vac/mulcher/shredder but figured I'd spend all day emptying the bag, I'd might as well just rake and blow and tarp the leaves to the curb.

Thanks,
Kurtis

I just repaired my brothers old MTD lawn tractor that has a 2 bag system,
It impressed me when i was test running it in my front yard, only problem i saw was bags filled really fast, it did a nice clean job, use high lift blades so it has really good air flow and it should work ok for what you want. or get the trailer vac system like agri fab makes. like this one.
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=07124858000&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=LAWN&bidsite=CRAFT&cs=e1

KurtisInIowa
10-26-2005, 08:53 PM
Ok thanks. I think it will beat the pants off of using the rake and tarp so I'm gonna go pick one up!
Thanks!

stumper1620
10-26-2005, 09:09 PM
Ok thanks. I think it will beat the pants off of using the rake and tarp so I'm gonna go pick one up!
Thanks!
Glad to help, be sure to check it out good for durability.