PDA

View Full Version : fence installation

JTS Landscaping lawn
10-30-2005, 01:06 PM
i am going to get into fencing next year and was wondering how much do you guys usually charge for fencing. thanks

orionkf
10-31-2005, 02:02 PM
Depends on material costs mostly. Have you done fencing before, enough to guestimate production times?? If so, take your hourly rate times your estimated hours to complete the job, and add your material and labor costs (plus overhead, depreciation of equipment, etc).

I think our labor comes out to about $10 per foot, but your situation could be entirely different.

Hope this helps.

Orion

neversatisfiedj
10-31-2005, 03:40 PM
I construct wooden fencing for 5.00 a square . Plastic is more. Great profit in fences.

Property Pro
11-13-2005, 01:01 PM
My dad has owned a fence company for 32 years. Having installed fence for most of my young life, alls I can say is it is very hard work. He charges around $25 a foot for 6' wood. Galvanized chain link is around $7.50. China is using all the steel so prices are changing constantly.

vanguard
11-14-2005, 12:08 AM
I just bid a 115' of 6 foot ceder fencing last week at $30 bucks a linear foot and the owner's jaw hit the ground! That included removal and disposal of the old fence though. I don't do enough fencing to know if my pricing is way out there or not??? Maybe I'll start bidding around $27-$28 a linear foot? ya win some, ya lose some. It's all a learning curve ;)