PDA

View Full Version : Any Kanga Owners?

NCSERVICE
10-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Need opinion on kanga units, i have logged many hours on the wheeled dingo, but am looking to purchase a cheaper unit. Any advice would be helpful.
Andrew

Gilla Gorilla
10-30-2005, 09:02 PM
I have not used the Kanga at all so take this response for what it is. I do own a TX420 tracked Dingo and love it. They are built like freakin tanks. I have put that thing through hell and back a couple of times and only wish that it had the 25 hp engine instead of the 20hp Kohler. I feel from what I have read about the Kangas online and also on this site that you might get what you pay for just like the saying goes. But then again it all depends on what you are going to use it for, just transporting mulch and light stuff like that or are you augering out 30" and 36" holes and transporting 1000lb to 1500lbs trees to be planted. They all have their place in the market but are you going to be pushing it way over its capacities if you get the Kanga.

That is what you have to let us know is what you will be using it for. Plus I love the controls on the tracked Dingos and also the Bobcats that copied the Dingos controls. I never really liked the wheeled Dingos steering controls.

NCSERVICE
10-30-2005, 09:32 PM
I understand that the dingo rocks. I thought the question was clear. Further more i dont know of anybody that would spend that kind of money to just move mulch, i use them for as many different jobs as possible.

Gilla Gorilla
10-30-2005, 09:37 PM
Okay Andrew

Here is my advise. You get what you pay for.

ChestnutOaks
11-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Okay Andrew

Here is my advise. You get what you pay for.

AGREED! We had to rent a powerhouse prodigy from Home Depot (KANGA) and I almost turned it off and used a shovel that day! That was while our vermeer was on order. I have ran dingo's in the past, and they are pretty good, but we went to the Louisville Outdoor Expo show a few weeks back, and tested em all! From dingo's to kanga's to boxer's to ditch witch's, etc. The Vermeer was by far the biggest of all, and the one that seemed built the best. I swear you could run over it with a dump truck and it wouldn't hurt it. With the Kubota diesel, it cant be beat. Picks up B&B trees no problem! We also had to rent a dingo track unit while waiting on the vermeer, and with the dump truck on the road, and the dingo on the yard up about 6" thanks to the curb, STILL wouldn't lift over into the bed. We had to take the top board off. Got the vermeer, and you can drive straight up to the truck on flat ground with all boards on the dump truck and it clears it with ease! Like he said, you get what you pay for, and I paid a lot, and expect a lot out of my machine.