PDA

View Full Version : estimate for hedges

turftammer
10-31-2005, 01:21 PM
I've done alot of hedge trimming but never this much at one property. It is 260' continous feet of boxwoods that are 5'hx3'w and will take 3 guys a full 8 hour day. I have a good idea what I will charge but things slowing down alot and not as much $$$ coming in so, would you do it for a little less so you get the work for your guys since they aren't putting in full 40 hr weeks anyway what would you charge this is not a current customer just a one timer.

TURFLORD
10-31-2005, 04:15 PM
I could do that by myself in about 6 hrs. Are you talking about true Boxwoods ( compacta's )? They grow about 1" a year. The more aggressive Ilex's with decent growth, 2 men 6 hrs. No I wouldn't do it cheap just to keep guys working. You set a bad precedent for the next time you have to do the job.

tiedeman
10-31-2005, 07:42 PM
I agree, that should not take 8hrs with 3 years. I could probably do it in about 5 to 6hrs as well. That includes the clean up.

Sometimes if things are slow yes I do price things a little differently just to get some extra work....sometimes.

LMSsouth
10-31-2005, 08:55 PM
I have a similar situation, I am brand new to this business and one of my customers has 350' (each side of driveway 700' total) of hedge that they want a price on. Up until now I have only mowed so I have no idea what to charge. Any help would be appreciated.

turftammer
11-01-2005, 12:34 AM
yes thay are Ilex's. they are anywhere from6' to 8' and customer want's them cut at 5' sorry if I didn't mention that. so if if this can be done in 6 hours with 2 guys come on by I've got a job for you.and as for setting a bad precedense owner is selling house so this will be one timer