PDA

View Full Version : Tip Of The Day - 10/31/05 - Fall Services

Sean Adams
10-31-2005, 07:26 PM
I know that in every part of this country (and Canada, and other parts of the world) the weather obviously affects the fall/autumn services you can or are willing to provide. Something we used to do is offer (for very VIP clients) is to supply the fall outdoor decorations of choice, set them up and take them down when time to do so.....

stalks, bales of hay, pumpkins, mums, etc... we even rolled all of this into different fall packages that coincided with leaf removal, final fall clean-up, winter fert application, winter bed prep, overseeding, aerations, etc...

Great money - all in how you present it to the client.

Green-Pro
10-31-2005, 11:15 PM
Good post Sean, we had put togethor a package for fall displays but when it came down to crunch time, especially with this being a very suprisingly busy first year, we lacked time and manpower. This is something we will definitely plan better for next season though.

Critical Care
11-03-2005, 05:37 PM
I was thinking about this post, a good idea, and of course a person could get into setting up Halloween displays for people as well. That could actually be rather fun.

But what type of client do you target? Perhaps those who have small children primarily? Or maybe there isn't just one group, eh?

Sean Adams
11-03-2005, 06:05 PM
As you would probably expect, most of the fall service/decoration clients were young executive types and/or people with children, two income families. Not something everyone wants, but just like everything else, if they have the money and want things a certain way, an offering like this is usually pretty attractive to them.

Critical Care
11-06-2005, 11:35 PM
Sean, do you have any pics of some of the displays that you set up for your clients? Or am I asking for something that predates the digital camera days?

Sean Adams
11-07-2005, 09:55 AM
Definitely no digital cam pics but I think I might have a video tape of some of the things we did - might even have a few polaroids of befores/afters... I will check and see what I can dig up. I did come across my first batch of hand-written invoices from 1989-90 though....my first computer did not make the scene until the early 90's

Critical Care
11-07-2005, 11:31 AM
Silent film days, eh?

Sean Adams
11-07-2005, 11:36 AM
Horse drawn buggies and goats as mowers...sickles instead of trimmers, tin can and string instead of nextels, and the closest thing we had to a skid steer was TNT