PDA

View Full Version : Needs something?

Squizzy246B
11-01-2005, 09:59 AM
This guy is a buy cheap, dress up and on-sell investor. The house has been renovated inside and has a great outlook with views. However the front does nothing to attract the buyers. I quoted him 6K Aud for removing the busted up brick wall and narrow steps, the palm and the tree to the left, and installing a new limestone wall...cheap as chips!. But he is looking for a cheaper option. I am also doing a big backyard cleanup for him otherwise I would have told him go find somebody else as the job is really too small for me.

He is now looking at just removing the front wall and battering off the front yard. I'm happy to do this as its only machine work however the Jacaranda tree may have to go. I have advised him to talk to a landscaper. I think what he is doing is totally wrong but I'd have a think about some ideas to try and dress the place up without spending a heap.

So...any bright ideas?

Lawnworks
11-01-2005, 10:59 PM
I think I would remove the two trees, remove the bush near the fence, then add three tall palms(maybe one leaning) together on the right side of the house. Possibly transplant the existing palm to the right to cover the awkward protrusion in the house. Red mulch or river rock the beds. Then stucco or paint the brick white on the house. Then have your limestone wall to match the stucco or brick... it would be golden! I have been watching too many "Flip this House" episodes lately.

Squizzy246B
11-02-2005, 06:25 AM
Then have your limestone wall to match the stucco or brick... it would be golden! I have been watching too many "Flip this House" episodes lately.

Yep...:) but thats what he wants. He is planning to render the brickwork. However, he's deleting my limestone and wants us to run it off down to the verge and I reckon it will look stupid coming down from that height.

Lawnworks
11-02-2005, 08:17 AM
Definately won't be practical for the new homeowner.