PDA

View Full Version : most BLACK looking decorative type stone? suppliers? names?

Ramairfreak98ss
11-01-2005, 11:05 AM
Im not familiar with many stone types. I only use a few colors in small quantities if customers inquire about it. I have a large job for march 06 comming up that the customer is now going from mulch to requesting BLACK stone around his huge pool. The pool is an L shape and im looking to cover an area after trees are put in about 200ft long around the pool and 6-12ft in depth from the cement to the fence.

Ive seen black onyx rock, river rocks that are flatter pebble like, ive found a couple like this ONLY in suppliers FAR away in other states and for $50~ a bag, id need about 2-3 tons worth of rock. Bags would cost around 30,000$ just in rock! The customer isnt too concerned about its price but 30k will knock his socks off.

Any suggestions on what types of rock i should search for and going prices per yard or ton, truckload would help, thanks!:)

Dreams To Designs
11-02-2005, 07:43 AM
Try Timothy's Center for Gardening in Robbinsville for Mexican beach pebbles. They are very dark and when wet look as black as any stone I have used.
http://www.timothyscenter.com/landscape2.htm

Kirk