PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of Stone Patio Install

CrewCutEnterprises
11-01-2005, 06:53 PM
;)

Here is some pictures of a pato out of stone with 3/8" stone in between the stones. wood is landscape timbers(customers choice)

CrewCutEnterprises
11-01-2005, 06:56 PM
And another view ....................................

CrewCutEnterprises
11-01-2005, 06:58 PM
another of the regravel on th e drieway and the extention of the driveway past the fence

CrewCutEnterprises
11-01-2005, 07:07 PM
A close up of the stone work

FLYonWALL9
11-01-2005, 07:28 PM
I did something like that only used concrete where you used your limestone. On a smaller walkway I used gravel as my grout. Did you use something to level your stones, such as sand? My stones are more like flag. I have seen them done with a moss that is short growning that looked really nice. I'll try and get some pictures. Very nice work though. I like your work.

Lawnworks
11-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Looks good to me! That stuff is hard work! Excellent job on those landscape timbers... they are fitted perfectly.

Petr51488
11-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Looks good.. I like it.. but i would hate to have those small rocks on the flat ones.. like when their kicked around..

sheshovel
11-01-2005, 11:23 PM
The actuall work looks like it was done very well.But the choice of small pieces of flag stones and placement of them I think makes it look too broken up and busy.Why diden't you use the larger darker stones where the entry is instead of the small stones where the entry is?,for saftey if not for looks anyway.
The edge ,leveling and all that looks good ,that's what I ment by the actuall work.Please don't take offence I don't mean to be critical,just wondering what you were thinking.
Was this stone the customer already had lieing around?

kris
11-02-2005, 08:12 AM
The actuall work looks like it was done very well.But the choice of small pieces of flag stones and placement of them

I really hesitate to critique the work because it looks like you put a lot of time and effort into the project... I think it is the placement that I dont like. It looks like you tried to put a border of pieces that IMO dont look right. Try a more random pattern next time.

CrewCutEnterprises
11-02-2005, 09:43 PM
I do agree with both of you. she shovel and kris.

I laid about 5 by 5 ft of sone with 1/8" gaps at the entrance and the landing( bottom of the stairs) But the customer has a walkway in the front that was half assed. and has gaping the way the stones i laid are. They also wanted to mix in some regular field stone with this nice 2 inch thick stone we were laying. Not my choice. But the stones along the right side of the picture are all about the same size and it looks like rows, My forman placed them and I went back and leveled them.

Problem was, the customer said it almost looks too perfect. I guess it's suposed to look more abstract?? This is my 2nd stone patio. so any critic is welcome.

CrewCutEnterprises
11-02-2005, 09:45 PM
also the bottom corner of the picture where there are no stones. That is going to be a shower box. Outside shower and is about 3 feet deep of gravel and a drain taps into the groundwater drain

mbella
11-02-2005, 10:30 PM
Crewcut, not sure if you know, but there is a hardscape forum where this would be more appropriately placed.

Anyway, I agree with Kris. It looks like you put a lot of time into this project. Also, it looks like you did a meticulous job. However, the joints are too loose and there isn't enough of a random look to the stone, in my opinion.

What kind of stone is that?

CrewCutEnterprises
11-02-2005, 11:44 PM
Not sure its a blue color and is all 2 inches thick, very easy to lay, the gaping of the stones is very large, as that was how the customer wanted it. Thanks Mbella, Ive seen your pictures, and most are nothing short of amazing, You guys do goood work

mbella
11-03-2005, 06:29 AM
Not sure its a blue color and is all 2 inches thick, very easy to lay, the gaping of the stones is very large, as that was how the customer wanted it. Thanks Mbella, Ive seen your pictures, and most are nothing short of amazing, You guys do goood work

If that's what they wanted then good job.

kris
11-03-2005, 07:54 AM
If that's what they wanted then good job.

Yes that is so true ...Ive learned over the years not to judge designs etc on what you see. Quality of work is a separate issue.

CrewCutEnterprises
11-03-2005, 02:03 PM
Thanks alot.