PDA

View Full Version : 2007 ford super duty

Green Masters
11-02-2005, 09:39 AM
Has anyone heard anything on the new 2007 ford superduty with the 6.4 TT powerstroke diesel? I have heard that it will be a twin turbo.

kc2006
11-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Until I see an actual article with proof or a picture I don't believe it.

All the twin turbo talk started on ford-trucks.com last year.

lawnmaniac883
11-02-2005, 08:54 PM
Twin turbo is true, mainly to keep emissions at tier 3 levels with the anticipated increase in horsepower.

MudslinginFX4
11-02-2005, 09:12 PM
I've also heard the reasoning behind changing the engine again is because of emissions. I'll wait till the 07's come out and then buy me a nice new 06 with lots of rebates and low interest! The 03's had a lot of problems when they first came out and so will the 07's im betting!

UNISCAPER
11-02-2005, 09:16 PM
I'm sure they will be installing their usual hand grenade special transmissions to augment that twin turbo power as well. Ford makes great trucks, as long as you don't need to do any real serious work with them.

MudslinginFX4
11-02-2005, 09:20 PM
I'm sure they will be installing their usual hand grenade special transmissions to augment that twin turbo power as well. Ford makes great trucks, as long as you don't need to do any real serious work with them.

And thats why there are more Ford work trucks then any other? Next time your ride down the road and look at real work trucks keep a tally and I bet there are 4x as many Fords as any others. :) :)

UNISCAPER
11-02-2005, 09:24 PM
If you combine GMc and Chevy together, they ouytnumber Ford, rightfully counted as one because they are the same.

And when you count that way, there are 1.5 times more GM trucks than Fords. Ford Truck division is actually GM's biggest most productive salesman.

Jpocket
11-02-2005, 09:30 PM
Thats right, when it comes time for the REAL work a Chevy or "Jimmy" is in order

dcondon
11-02-2005, 09:33 PM
If you combine GMc and Chevy together, they ouytnumber Ford, rightfully counted as one because they are the same.

And when you count that way, there are 1.5 times more GM trucks than Fords. Ford Truck division is actually GM's biggest most productive salesman.

Not in this area, it's mostly all FORD pulling the load..............:cool2:

FIRESCOOBY
11-02-2005, 09:37 PM

Explain how this can be? If you'll actually research the number of trucks sold by each manufacturer and not just spout opinion you would actually see the truth. The numbers are out there, just gotta search. Whether you go by total truck sales or full size truck numbers it's pretty close, but Ford has edged GM (GMC AND Chevrolet) just about every year for the last 15 years or so. So far for 2005 though, GM is ahead by about 50,000 units sold.

Just for the record, I'm NOT a FORD guy. I've owned Ford's, but probably never will again. From my experience, neither manufacturer makes a great turck. Each one excells in a catogory here or there, but each have their downfall. I am really looking forward to Toyota's introduction of their 3/4-1 ton truck in 2007. It should be an excellent truck, PLUS it'll force GM, Ford and Dodge to make better trucks.

Also Uniscaper...where do you get your "facts" about the transmissions? The new Torqueshift is almost a twin to the Allison 1000 series. Failures have not been common. Also, the Allison is just as prone to failure as well. Where I work we have about 22 trucks with the Allison. Within the last 4 years we've replaced either 13 or 15 units. ALL have been completely replaced under warranty while Allison was to "research" the problem.

Don't let the fact's get in the way of a good story though Uniscaper.

lwcmattlifter
11-02-2005, 09:39 PM
I would like to see something that gets better fuel mileage. They have the power part down pretty well now lets see fuel economy.

olderthandirt
11-02-2005, 09:51 PM
I would like to see something that gets better fuel mileage. They have the power part down pretty well now lets see fuel economy.

Best comment on a Ford trucks I read in here, now I wish Ford could hear it

meets1
11-02-2005, 10:01 PM
All is true, just search for the facts. Now we have mostly chevy, all 3/4 to 1 ton models. I here that the new duramax is to up the power and torque again to out due ford and dogde. Personally, have any of you guys ever run out of power with any of your trucks? (Being reasonable of course) and they can only haul or pull so much. I think the ford 450 or 550 and chevy's 4500 & 5500 trucks would be my choice instead of waiting all that cargo onto a 3/4 ton truck. You do loss a little mobility without a pickup truck but if your always pulling a heavy load, I think this is the way to go.

hosejockey2002
11-03-2005, 12:48 AM
Uniscaper's had bad luck with Ford trucks. He had some bad experiences with the E40D automatics, which are no longer in production. I haven't heard much good or bad about the Torqshift. My comment on the horsepower wars- I think pickups now have as much power as they can practically use. Any additional horsepower above what trucks have now is really only good for drag racing or compensating for something that some guys feel they lack.:p When I used to drive large dump trucks, I used to envy the guys that ran 600 hp trucks compared to my "wimpy" 425 hp Cat. Some of the guys I talked to said that the extra power just burned more fuel and wore out the back tires faster, and that the 600 hp trucks wouldn't really do anything that my 425 hp truck wouldn't do.

UNISCAPER
11-03-2005, 01:02 AM
When I used to drive large dump trucks, I used to envy the guys that ran 600 hp trucks compared to my "wimpy" 425 hp Cat. Some of the guys I talked to said that the extra power just burned more fuel and wore out the back tires faster, and that the 600 hp trucks wouldn't really do anything that my 425 hp truck wouldn't do.

I had this conversation with the sales manager of San Diego Mack today. With 985 cubic inches, 530HP, and 1500 ft lbs of torque at 1900 RPM, what more do you need? And this might sound like overkill in many peoples books. but consider the ground and terrain around here. We typically run 5-6° grades. Those grades are not just a climb up and level, they can run for 4 miles or more. You need all that torque when pulling a 55,000 lb load.

But this nonselse with HP torque and diesel pick ups....Reminds me of back in the midewest. Mr. yuppie dude decided to buy the old lady a pimped out pick up truck. leather, electric crap everywhere, big engine, and of course 4x4....Why, so they can go fast in the snow....Mr. yuppie dude forgot one thing. The idiot forgot that Mrs. yuppie dudette can't figure out how to use the brakes when it is slippery. So, all that traction just cost a few pretty serious dents in he yuppie dude and dudettes ride. Same as the pick up. Throw some moe power into the mix....You can pull a battelship into port, but you can't figure out how to stop that 40' toy box loaded with all the dune buggies from going down the 6° grade back from the dessert.

The 310HP on the Dmax is just fine. For that matter, the 7.3 turbo corn picker in the old F-450 was just fine. And the cummins as is, is just fine.

Don't need no more marketing crap, we need fuel economy or that diesel we all have grown to love is little by little penciling itself out of the picture.

Guthrie&Co
11-03-2005, 01:15 AM

nevermind the fact that ford has had the number one selling pickup for ol about the past 20 years:waving:

UNISCAPER
11-03-2005, 01:32 AM
Maybe in your book. Maybe national averages say what you claim over 20 years. The tides are rapidly turning on the troubled Ford company.

My company numbers and records show differently. Ford trucks don't hold up in our applications. Rolling recyclables, at best. They can't pull boogers out of wet buckets of snot. They cost 2 times more to maintain and keep running than any other brand I have had in our fleet. And the only real reason they sell more, is because they are cheaper. And, you get exactly what you pay for.

And, for those of you who have nothing better to do than follow internet links and waste your time on technological garbage that really matters not, to my company, the records I keep, and the numbers I follow, are the only ones that need to matter. And if I have to explain that to anyone, I'm afraid that you would bever understand so it makes no sense trying to justify.

Brianslawn
11-03-2005, 03:01 AM
meets.... the only time i ran out of power was with a chevy deisel. we almost got out and pushed it up the hill a few times. i always joked that my 2.3 ranger could out pull it. my new 6.0 powerstroke will go up hills 45 mph faster than my 6.2 chevy pulling same load. in fact, im still accelerating at top!

hosejockey... no info on torqushift, but who in their right mind buys an auto for a work truck?

uniscaper... im not the only lco around here thats dumping chevy for ford. ford parts are prob more than chevy, but chevys need to be worked on 4 times as much from my experience. the ranger and dakota have racked up some mileage over past couple years cause we cant keep chevy 350 1/2 or 6.2 3/4 on road long enough. '06 f-550 saw service for first time today. had to keep lookin in mirror to make sure 20' trailer was still there! entire truck/trailer set up is just shy of 50'!

Scag48
11-03-2005, 03:14 AM
Let's face it, all auto trannies just suck. The end. They just can't handle the torque that is exerted on them by towing large loads. It would be nice if truck MFG's would build a tranny that is actually rated to stand up to what the truck will. It's funny how big rigs don't have autos, wonder why that would be? If you want the most bad ass work truck that will handle anything you can throw at it, buy a manual and skip the BS. Ford, Chevy, and Dodge aside, NONE of them produce a decent automatic transmision, and nobody on here can convince me otherwise. Everyone has had a problem with every brand so in my opinion all autos are just bound to fail at some point in time.

Canon Landscaping
11-03-2005, 09:42 AM
The Allison 1000 in the chevy trucks is rated at 24,000 lbs and is the same tranny in the c4500 & c5500 if ford put the allison in their trucks they would have the best work truck. I bought a chevy over a ford just because of the allison and I am very happy with it I pull 20,000 lbs with it almost every day with no problems.

TLS
11-03-2005, 10:06 AM
It's funny how big rigs don't have autos, wonder why that would be?

A lot DO!

The main reason is cost. It's a $10K option on class 8 trucks for an Allison.

All your school bus's, most trash/recycle trucks, and city/coach busses use Allison automatics.

FIRESCOOBY
11-03-2005, 10:18 AM
Maybe in your book. Maybe national averages say what you claim over 20 years. The tides are rapidly turning on the troubled Ford company.

My company numbers and records show differently. Ford trucks don't hold up in our applications. Rolling recyclables, at best. They can't pull boogers out of wet buckets of snot. They cost 2 times more to maintain and keep running than any other brand I have had in our fleet. And the only real reason they sell more, is because they are cheaper. And, you get exactly what you pay for.

And, for those of you who have nothing better to do than follow internet links and waste your time on technological garbage that really matters not, to my company, the records I keep, and the numbers I follow, are the only ones that need to matter. And if I have to explain that to anyone, I'm afraid that you would bever understand so it makes no sense trying to justify.

Troubled Ford, Uniscaper? Sorry, but GM's bond rating is worse and they are in deed closer to filing bankruptcy than Ford. Neither company has posted an overall profit this year. Dodge is the only one that has, and it is like 2.7% overall.

If GM works for you, then specify that. You are spouting stuff like it is gospel; when in fact it is at most partially factual for your application, but more likely 99% opinion.

I have no problem with either truck. If I had to buy a FS diesel truck right now it would most likely be a GMC Duramax. I just get tired of the diehard brandwars that turn into crap lies or the "my buddy had a ****** and the motor blew with 12 miles on it" kind of stuff.

hosejockey2002
11-03-2005, 03:09 PM
my new 6.0 powerstroke will go up hills 45 mph faster than my 6.2 chevy pulling same load. in fact, im still accelerating at top!

Hmmm, maybe that's because the Powerstroke has more than twice the power of the old 6.2. I don't think anyone would agree that 135 hp is enough for a pickup. But can you really use much more than 325 with 600 ft./lbs. of torque?

To answer your question of who in their right mind buys an automatic for a work truck, the answer is around 80% of pickup buyers, and nearly 100% of fire departments, garbage companies, ambulance companies and bus companies.

Guthrie&Co
11-03-2005, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=UNISCAPER]

QUOTE]

i guess this is why dodge is so much cheaper. my ford out pulls every other diesel i have ever owned, costed me less and has lasted longer than any other i have owned. ford can't hold up in your applicaition? what was the last model you owned? my 7.3 pulls much better than any chevy or dodge i have been in. exactly how much weight are you pulling with your fleet anyway?

UNISCAPER
11-03-2005, 03:27 PM
Last model owned:

'02 F-450 7.3 stroke, and the illustrious piece of crap 4R100. lost 4 of them in 46,000 miles when I took a 20,000 bath and sold it for a real truck that works in our application.

As far as the TS tranny goes, I can list dozens of well known trusted forum members (not this forum) who have scattered TS trannies doing simple tasks that Ford allegedly designed it's trucks to do. I don't do internet link moronics, first because I don't have the time. Second, because those links are all slanted. I prefer to speak with actual owners who are not brand sensitive, and get their experiences.

The problem comes when Ford designed it's tansmissions. They chose to disallow transmission fluid to circulate in reverse gear. the E4OD, 4R100, and the glorified version the TS tranny all have this feature.

So, you back up with a load, put it in park, set the brake, unhook, or dump, then put it back in gear, to find oil shooting all over the pavement. You just lost your input shaft seal.

The engineers at Ford still can't get that one right.

I'll close with this, and post back if you will. I have not time to argue with a bunch of idiots who hide within the membrane of the blue bubble desperately gasping for a breath of air. If the blue bubble works for you, great. i see a twin turbo version as another one of Fords biggest engineering blunders.

Guthrie&Co
11-03-2005, 03:39 PM
You are a arogant ass.
next time answer the questions you were asked.

Lawnworks
11-03-2005, 03:47 PM
I think Uniscaper has more experience w/ Fords than you do.

FIRESCOOBY
11-03-2005, 03:48 PM
I prefer to speak with actual owners who are not brand sensitive, and get their experiences.

Like yourself???:rolleyes:

Guthrie&Co
11-03-2005, 04:59 PM
I think Uniscaper has more experience w/ Fords than you do.
How the hell do you know. you dont even know who i am. much less what kinda of experince i have. but wait, hold on, all diesel knowledge comes forth from you. after all you are the knower of all things.

Team_Yamaha
11-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Let's face it, all auto trannies just suck. The end. They just can't handle the torque that is exerted on them by towing large loads. It would be nice if truck MFG's would build a tranny that is actually rated to stand up to what the truck will. It's funny how big rigs don't have autos, wonder why that would be? If you want the most bad ass work truck that will handle anything you can throw at it, buy a manual and skip the BS. Ford, Chevy, and Dodge aside, NONE of them produce a decent automatic transmision, and nobody on here can convince me otherwise. Everyone has had a problem with every brand so in my opinion all autos are just bound to fail at some point in time.
Scag hit it right on the head!! In 1/2 tons autos are fine, but in 3/4ton and 1 tons they suck, IMO. I wish that I would have ordered my 05 with a stick instead of the TorqShift. And I know of a couple of guys that are saying the same things about their Allisons behind the Duramax's. Thats why I my other trucks with manuals, and I am thinking about trading the 05 for an 06 (exactly the same) but with a 6spd manual.

I don't know what applications your trucks do that a Ford can't hold up to but they do just fine with mine, and they are probably ALOT harder on a truck that yours. that About a month ago, I pulled across the WI DOT scales and weighed in at 42,830lbs (99 F-350, 36' tri-axle tandem duals, Cat D5N)

My 99 has been pulling loads ranging from 14,000-32,000lbs, but mostly 18,000-24,000 since about 10,000 miles, it now has over 240,000 and still going strong. It has been chipped since 20,000 miles .I have had the clutch replaced twice, once at 80,000miles (stock clutch), and second at 195,000 (Luk, a highpeformance clutch). My 03 got all the HP goodies at 1,000 miles, it has been towing 10,000-20,000 lbs since about 5,000 miles, and it now has 80,000 miles on the clock. If its not pulling loaded gooseneck, its plowing snow, and if it not doing either of them, then it at the drag strip or a truck pull somewhere.

I personally have had more problems with the one Chevy that I owned that I have had with all my Ford put together. It was my first truck in high school a after that I swore that I would never own another.
91 Chevy 2500 ext. cab. 4X4, 4 motors 350ci (orginal and 3 AC Delco units all under warrenty), 3 trannys (orginal plus 1 Jasper and 1 done at a local shop) rear end twice (spider gears once then the ring gear), and it would take out at least one head a year.

Dirty Water
11-03-2005, 08:10 PM
L
The problem comes when Ford designed it's tansmissions. They chose to disallow transmission fluid to circulate in reverse gear. the E4OD, 4R100, and the glorified version the TS tranny all have this feature.

So, you back up with a load, put it in park, set the brake, unhook, or dump, then put it back in gear, to find oil shooting all over the pavement. You just lost your input shaft seal.

How true, I just did this to our F-250 a few weeks ago (E40D).

Had to back up a steep grade with a loaded trailer.

Went to go forward when I did that, and I found the bottomside of my truck on fire from burning tranny fluid.

meets1
11-03-2005, 09:19 PM
I wish I had the article, Wall Street Journal stated in numbers that with GMC/Chevy total they out sell total units of ford and dogde. I will admit I own chevy trucks, my wife drive a Toyota Highlander. When toyota or Nissan come out with a 3/4 model, I'll be looking.

All said, I think alot comes down to the truck you owned with a good or bad experience. We pull 5th trailers with 3 455 toros, skids, utility tractors with attachment, block, sod ect. Maybe not as heavy as you guys pull - but with my business, rain or shine were in the jobsite placing block, laying sod.

I have had fords in the past. My story, worth 2 cents to you guys, but honestly - I was always having my 2 fords in the shop. Both were new, they were 2004's, auto, 3/4 . Then on the job - bouncing around thru mud or snow, we'd be hung up with the ford and just sit and spin. For a while I thought is was the guys driving, but I have been stuck more time than I dare say. Just recently with our ford, dump trailer on - unloading at the landfill. I had to have the Cat D6 hook up a chain because I just sat and spun my tires.

Now I can here it already but snow, mud, I try to use the chevy's. I did replace one tranny on our 2003 truck - 147,000 miles. Pulling, pushing snow with a plow, all around it was a good truck I think it has worked well for us.

I have no experieince with dodge, so no comment. Our fleet now consist of 6 chevy and 1 ford. Gotta keep the working relationship open with our ford dealer!

kc2006
11-03-2005, 09:35 PM
I will agree that the E40D/4R100 trans is a bad trans. The previous owner of my truck replaced it at 70,000 miles, that trans ran from 70K to the current 249,000 miles on the truck. It is however starting to go again I think, just seems like its slipping alot. Its just a bad design.

I love how any posts gets drug through crap when it comes to trucks. Started out with talking about the 07 truck then slowly worked to GM/Dodge is better blah blah blah.

As for fuel mileage, theres alot of little things that can be done to get better mileage. My truck with the 249,000 miles is getting 21-23mpg around town, 18-20mpg towing a 7000lb load.

I'm thinking as soon as leaf season is over I'll be purchasing a new ford or chevy with a manual trans.

meets1
11-03-2005, 11:14 PM
I have see alot of you guys go with manual's over auto. I know the obvious reasons but is that the sole reason for going with manual?

I guess all our trucks run with plows on them during the winter. I can't see my guys shifting from 2nd or 3rd plowing, then shifting into reverse and repeating this process 100 times per lot.

I do now we had one 1/2 truck with manual, that thing ran forever. I replaced it after 212K and I think I replaced one pressure plate.

rob1325
11-03-2005, 11:31 PM
Last model owned:

'02 F-450 7.3 stroke, and the illustrious piece of crap 4R100. lost 4 of them in 46,000 miles when I took a 20,000 bath and sold it for a real truck that works in our application.

As far as the TS tranny goes, I can list dozens of well known trusted forum members (not this forum) who have scattered TS trannies doing simple tasks that Ford allegedly designed it's trucks to do. I don't do internet link moronics, first because I don't have the time. Second, because those links are all slanted. I prefer to speak with actual owners who are not brand sensitive, and get their experiences.

I'll close with this, and post back if you will. I have not time to argue with a bunch of idiots who hide within the membrane of the blue bubble desperately gasping for a breath of air. If the blue bubble works for you, great. i see a twin turbo version as another one of Fords biggest engineering blunders.

Could not say it better myself. I am on my 4th yes 4th tranny on my 2000 550 and the damn thing over heats in minutes in reverse. Which just stinks for plowing. I had so many front seals put in. My warranty is up next year and I will be getting rid of it. I hear Dodge is coming out with 4500 and 5500 cab chassis in 07 with Mercedes tranny. I also will be looking at the International 4100 series as to Chevy 5500 series.

Brianslawn
11-04-2005, 12:20 AM
anyone seen new international pick-up. looks like they put a bed on back of semi tractor

Dirty Water
11-04-2005, 12:33 AM
anyone seen new international pick-up. looks like they put a bed on back of semi tractor

Yeah,the international CXT... its for the man with SPS (small ***** syndrome).

http://www.internationaldelivers.com/assets/severe/CXT-2.gif

I still like it though :) I think it has a Allison and not a 10 speed heh.

I'm pretty sure Chevy has their version out too:

http://www.chevrolet.com/i/pic/mediumduty/kodiak/c5500_home.jpg

I saw one of these with a regular pickup bed on it the other day.

Scag48
11-04-2005, 12:34 AM
I guess all our trucks run with plows on them during the winter. I can't see my guys shifting from 2nd or 3rd plowing, then shifting into reverse and repeating this process 100 times per lot.
Well, manual or automatic, you still have to shift into reverse. I will agree that you will be doing more shifting in forward gears while plowing, but all that shifting from forward to reverse all night on an auto is what makes them explode. Plus the fact you're making it push the weight of the truck AND a full plow of snow? I would NEVER buy an automatic for plowing. Ever. To each his own, but most guys around here only get maybe 2 seasons out of an auto for plowing, if that.

As far as Allison's in C4500's-5500's, it's just an option. I'd go with a Cat engine and the Eaton Fuller 8 Speed personally and skip the BS.

Team_Yamaha
11-05-2005, 02:33 PM
I have see alot of you guys go with manual's over auto. I know the obvious reasons but is that the sole reason for going with manual?

I do now we had one 1/2 truck with manual, that thing ran forever. I replaced it after 212K and I think I replaced one pressure plate.
My main reason for a manual is that for towing, especially heavy loads, it makes it easier on driver and truck on steep hills, going up and down. And also when towing and hitting strong head winds, autos will want to hunt for gears and eventually tear itself apart. Where a truck with a manual (and enough power) can hold OD without a problem (97, 99 and 03).

As for as plowing, I had a truck with a auto and it gernaded itself, so that put a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak. Alot of people has said that I am nuts for running manuals in my trucks, but I feel that they are nuts for running an auto. You can't get much more built proof than a manual tranny, manual T-case and lockouts. I personally will not buy another 3/4 or 1 ton for the business that is auto. Just my $0.02....

RedWingsDet
11-05-2005, 07:46 PM
Does every thread have to be a pissing contest over which auto maker is the best? lol

IMO alot is based of personal expierence.

Also, imo all the trucks can do the job equally the same, and I will buy what ever is the cheapest, as long as they are compareable. Wether is a dodge 2500, chevy 2500hd, or ford 250, which ever is cheaper, or the best bang for the buck, I will buy.

They all have their problems and will break down at some point in time, its just a matter of time.

Travis Followell
11-05-2005, 10:34 PM
I prefer an auto over a manual and in my opinion one is just as good for towing as the other. I just don't like manuals because that shifting gears gets old pretty quick, espicially in town. Like said above all trucks will need to be worked on eventually.

meets1
11-05-2005, 10:41 PM
I also purchase in accord to price. We just bought a used 3/4 Chevy 2500HD. I was looking at fords & chevy's. Just so happened I came upon a deal at a local dealer wanting to move this truck. Local owner, no hard use on it really beside hauling lumber, great shape, color, clean int. / ext I just couldn't pass it up.

Green Masters
11-08-2005, 07:46 PM
you fellas think we can get back to the point of the new 6.4 TT power stroke super duty?

Travis Followell
11-08-2005, 07:57 PM
you fellas think we can get back to the point of the new 6.4 TT power stroke super duty?
I wonder what kind of fuel mileage it'll get.

Guthrie&Co
11-09-2005, 12:40 AM
i would like to see it in the high teens to low 20's thats what my old dodge got and i loved than. but of course i would take more if i could get it

Ironmower
11-09-2005, 02:32 AM
After our Chevy 4500 cracked its frame last year I said that's it with GM products in my fleet. I did not want to put my employees at risk with trucks with brittle frames and risk a lawsuit. The Allison in it wasn't that great either, I couldn't get it to hold a gear without it locking and unlocking the TC a million times.

My company has done fine with Ford 6.0L/TS autos and as long as they continue to do well, I will run them. From what my diesel tech tells me, the Allison may have larger parts, but its torque management programming and control is nowhere near as refined as the Torqshift's.

The new International 4100 is a another option now for the small-medium line and will be in the running in the next round of trucks my company will get.

Tyner Lawn Service
11-11-2005, 09:39 AM
:) All the GM pickups I had in the 70's and 80's had lots of problems. Tranny's, leaky fuel tanks, air conditioner problems, door hinges, lights in dash and tail lights always burn out(I see they still today can't make the running lights stay lit) Sorry wiper washer motors, brakes that wore out too soon because of the wrong balance from front to back ratio, fuel tank switch over problems,(don't get me started on tanks not on one side like Ford. Cheap feel to the glove box and tailgate and doors rattle when shut. I could go on and on. I take very good care good everything I own so that's why I saw and owned to many of Chevy trucks have problems. I will say they had good engines. Their mighty 2500 Heavy Duty still looks like grandpa's 1973 2 wheel drive . Park it along side a Ford or Dodge. I could go on and on.

DUSTYCEDAR
11-11-2005, 10:20 AM
back to the 07 ford i am looking at them and not sure that i want a new truck that hasent been proven yet to me at least
i have had many fords and have had my share of probs dam e40ds so i went to the 6 speed the kids today cant drive stick;) at the cost of any truck i just hate to spend 50k my good friend runs only gmc and wow can the eat brakes and rotors but for all the ford vs chevy guys my friends put on truck bodys and they do 10 fords to 2 chevys and a dodge now and then so i live in ford country
i just wish they would get there acts together and make a good work truck to plow snow and pull a trailer and i dont care what king of looks it has just so it works for 80k miles befor it dies