PDA

View Full Version : can I use fish food?

lilmarvin4064
11-02-2005, 09:20 AM
I went to my local feed store and was looking at all the different feeds they had. They didn't have any straight corn meal or anything like that. They did have some alfalfa, but it was not easily spreadable. The most promising material that I was looking at was a feed for game fish. It contained a mixture of soybean meal, corn meal, alfalfa, fish meal + many other things including some B-vitamins, micros, and salt. The label states that it contains 32% protein which is what you want right? Most of the other feeds (horse, goat, poultry) had 10% or 16% protein. It costs $20 a bag, is this too much? Is there any formula to figure out how much N you get based on the protein percentage?

sheshovel
11-02-2005, 11:47 AM
I would not use fish food,because of the salt and because it is for fish not lawns.
try Gardens Alive website for some great organic lawn products.

lilmarvin4064
11-02-2005, 12:46 PM
all the feeds in the store contained salt. Most of them were only about 1 or 2% salt, however the fish feeds did not give a percentage. I checked out that web site. I WILL NOT BUY a product if it does not label the ingredients.

sheshovel
11-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Do some reasearch and look closer,Why should they give away their secrets to other organic companies by listing their ingredients?

sheshovel
11-02-2005, 12:55 PM
In FACT read ABOUT US on the site,it will tell you about their products and research .Don't be so quick to judge.