PDA

View Full Version : No messages posted overnite

lawrence stone
03-25-2001, 09:07 AM
FYI there were zero posts from 11:59pm 3/24 thru 8:17am 3/25
eastern time.

turfquip
03-25-2001, 09:45 AM
I brought this potential problem to Eric's attention last night around midnight. I couldn't download the site in a useable form. It pretty much locked up my browser. Apparently others had similar problems.

Hopefully it's not a 'stability' issue with the new server.

John DiMartino
03-25-2001, 09:52 AM
I got the boot at 11 59 last night, LOL.

Charles
03-25-2001, 10:33 AM
Other problems that regularly occur; transfers rate is fast on one post and the very next one it is slow go or not at all and it just freezes up(agravating when you just wrote a book). Or you get that website is not responding reply. None of this serious but it could be better at consistancy.

Eric ELM
03-25-2001, 10:43 AM
This was a server problem last night. I called them and got them working on it. I notified Chuck and Pierre and Chuck checked it during the night and Pierre reset mysql and got the data base back up this morning.

1MajorTom
03-25-2001, 11:49 AM
Well I don't think everything is exactly fixed yet.
When I click on a thread to read, it is taking a little over 4 minutes to load.

When I clicked on reply to this thread, I didn't think the page would ever come up. I'm not complaining, just trying to find out if others are still experiencing problems.

My connection is fine with other websites. They are loading instantly.

Eric ELM
03-25-2001, 12:08 PM
It was much slower an hour ago than it is now. I agree they are still having problems. We have very few posts, so I guess others are having the same problems.

plsoucy
03-25-2001, 12:21 PM
I admit the site is really slow but can do nothing for it except tell Host Pro (LS host) about it, which I'll do.

For this night's downtime, they said they would try to find what caused the problem as it is on their side.

I sure am sorry for the downtime caused.

Pierre-Luc Soucy

plsoucy
03-25-2001, 12:23 PM
Just restarted httpd, the deamon (program) that enables a server to deliver HTTP (web) content, and the site seems to load much faster now. Hope it will stay like that.

Pierre-Luc

John DiMartino
03-25-2001, 01:42 PM
I just got the "site not responding " tiwci in the last 5 minutes,Site is still very slow one minute-quick the next.I think LS needs a tune-up.LOL,she's been running a bit rough lately.Maybe LS needs more power-maybe 300hp? couldnt hurt.

turfquip
03-25-2001, 02:53 PM
We're at three thousand members right now. What happens when we reach five?

Administrator
03-25-2001, 03:13 PM
Host Pro promised this server would be faster. I have emailed them asking them to check this out.

Also, I will keep upgrading to keep up with membership traffic.

Chuck

Eric ELM
03-25-2001, 03:28 PM
Sometimes when you click on a post, it is fast, sometimes it hangs up, and sometimes it says this page can not be displayed, but if you hit refresh, it loads right up. I agree with John, it isn't running like it should. I hope Host Pro's gets things fixed on their end soon.