PDA

View Full Version : Firewood sales this fall???

LwnmwrMan22
11-03-2005, 01:05 AM
You other guys that do firewood, how are your sales going?

So far since Sunday, when I placed an ad in 2 different papers, I've sold 20 cords (4'x4'x8') with only 10 left to go before I'm out for this year.

I'm getting $350 / cord for oak delivered and stacked.

Bunton Guy
11-03-2005, 05:18 PM
I advertise a little here and there. Beisdes the normal flyer I send out with the invoices to current maintenance customers....I think I sell around 3-4 cords a year tops THATS IT! sad but most around here have gas fire places.

qualitylandscaping
11-05-2005, 12:58 AM
Sales are going great this year. I've done alot of buying and re-selling. Buy for $35-40/face cord and sell it again for $125..

Running an ad in the paper, right now trying to push that firewood is MUCH cheaper than natural gas or electric.

Working well so far, sold over 400 cord so far this year

M RASCOE&SONS
12-17-2005, 11:39 AM
we are on track to have a killer firewood season with 125 cords delivered so far and about another 150 on the ground cut and split ready to go.people are scared of the oil and gas prices so they are buying firewood like crazy.

ripple
12-22-2005, 06:52 AM
I am just trying the firewood sale this year. Processing and selling around a cord every other day!

The Cowboy
12-22-2005, 03:53 PM
I advertise a little here and there. Beisdes the normal flyer I send out with the invoices to current maintenance customers....I think I sell around 3-4 cords a year tops THATS IT! sad but most around here have gas fire places.

I did this a few years ago too. Same results, same reason. I ended giving most of it away to poor families in church. I might do it again next year though. Fuel prices have a way of making people reinstall real wood burners.