PDA

View Full Version : Need to see pics of toolbox on front of YOUR trailer!

Pecker
11-03-2005, 08:24 PM
Hi all. A friend of mine who is a millwright (iron worker) is going to fab up a nice toolbox to go on the front of my trailer. I have been using a big plastic (Contico)box bolted to the floor of my trailer but now I need the room. However, he hasn't done one yet but I want it to be a professional job, which I know he is well capable of if he can see how I want it done.

Here's where I need your help please. I need everybody who can to post a few good pics of their box showing how it sits and then the particulars on how it is built and attached to the trailer. This request is on the basis that a picture is worth 1,000 words!

What I have in mind is for mine to hang over the front so as not to intrude on trailer space at all. There seems to be lots of room up there so hitting the truck during a turn would never be a concern. It will run the width of the trailer.

FYI, I run a 14' tandem axle Trailmaster (5,000 gvwr) with 14" (I think) high sides. A 4" pipe rail runs the top perimeter. The top rail is supported by angle iron.

Pecker
11-03-2005, 08:36 PM
For clarity: when I say "toolbox", I'm referring to the rectangular-shaped metal cage-looking box that you usually see on an LCOs trailer. Thanks.

ed2hess
11-04-2005, 10:14 PM
The 2x2 cages go the entire width of the trailer and the door swing down. Don't see hanging it out.....there is never room to get stuff out without hitting the truck. Keep it low so you can sit a backpack on the door to get it on/off your back. ...sorry i don't do pictures.

Pecker
11-05-2005, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the reply. Are you saying to make the front of the cage hang over the cargo area instead of hangin over the front? Also, how many inches above the top rail should the bottom of the cage be? Thanks.

Pecker
11-05-2005, 11:11 AM
I forgot. . .are the supports that hold the box on the trailer welded or bolted on? Thanks.

Tadams
11-05-2005, 06:48 PM
The cage on my trailer is a little higher than most but it works out pretty good because I keep a trash can, push mower, and a cloth exmark bagger there.

In the cage I keep 2 chainsaws, an echo handheld blower/bagger/mulcher combo, airtank, round up & other chemicals, a 1 gallon sprayer, the mulch kits when they are not on the mowers.

The cage is 2' x 2' with the door folding down towards the bed of the truck. It is welded to the trailer side rails with square tubing. You can make the tubing as tall or as low as you want it to be depending on what you want to go under the cage.

Drew Gemma
11-05-2005, 11:18 PM
check my post about trailers for sale. look through the pics.

gorrell
11-05-2005, 11:28 PM
Here's a pic of mine mounted on my 26' gooseneck.............Lynn

olderthandirt
11-05-2005, 11:34 PM
heres one that was "custom" made.
www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=64675

Pecker
11-06-2005, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the info and the pics. Keep'em comin!

Pecker
11-08-2005, 10:26 PM
bump^^^^^^^^

CrewCutEnterprises
11-09-2005, 12:57 AM
Your in luck, mines a 16 ft trailer, and you can put a walk behind blower and a 36 under it.

Check out my thread on page 2, tell me what you think, it holds 2 blowers, 2 gas cans an air tank grease gun and hedgers, on top is a grass gobbler bagger, 3 cones and a storage box.

its 2x2 x 66 inches

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=120916

Pecker
11-09-2005, 10:16 AM
CrewCut,

Nice box! That's what I'm looking for. How many inches off the floor is yours? I also like the storage area on top!

CrewCutEnterprises
11-09-2005, 06:08 PM
It is about 3 feet off the ground, I made it so i could put my 10 hp walk behind blower under neath, it fits about 1 inch above the blower. maybe 30 inches.. tall from the floor.