PDA

View Full Version : Does this bid price sound right?

radracer
11-04-2005, 11:47 AM
I have a customer that wants me to remove the grass by the sidewalk and plant jasmine as a ground cover. The area is 70'x 7' planting every 16" I figured that I will nneed 225 jasmine. I pay $1.75 each and was going to plant them at $4.66 installed for a total of $1,050 for everything. I have to rent a sod cutter to clear the area and I figure about an hour to do that. Should I charge more for this job or am I about right.I know that price is going to vary I just want to be in the ballpark.

They also stated that if the price was too high that they would want to resod the area instead. I was thinking of charging $1.50 per square foot installed. Including removal of old sod for a total of $675.00. I pay $135.00 for a pallet of 500' sq St Augustine. But I will have most of that left over from another job. Thank you in advance for your help.

Thanks
Harold Burgess

sheshovel
11-04-2005, 10:30 PM
You pay that price for what size plant?Where do you get the 225 jasmine count from?

radracer
11-04-2005, 11:21 PM
1 gal. Jasmine Minima. My supplier says to plant them 16" apart (they are planting them for ground cover) and when I subtract for the tree in this space I get 225. I suggested planting just around the perimeter and letting them fill in but the customer dosen't want to wait, she wants to plant them dense to begin with. Thanks for the reply. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Harold