PDA

View Full Version : Best Enclosed Trailer?

ROCKYM
11-06-2005, 10:09 PM
For those of you that use enclosed trailers,what kind do you recomend? I have a 20 ft wells cargo that needs to be replaced. I went to the local dealer and was not very impressed with the prices or the salesman. I want to hear from you guys out there what enclosed trailers are great and which ones to stay away from.

jim dailey
11-06-2005, 10:14 PM
For those of you that use enclosed trailers,what kind do you recomend? I have a 20 ft wells cargo that needs to be replaced. I went to the local dealer and was not very impressed with the prices or the salesman. I want to hear from you guys out there what enclosed trailers are great and which ones to stay away from.

What's wrong with yours? Why does it need replacing? I have a 20' enclosed V-Nose that I built from scratch, for about 1/5 of the cost of a manufactured trailer. Plus it has all of the luxuries of home...

TURF DOCTOR
11-06-2005, 10:24 PM
We run 2 haulmarks and 1 featherlite we like these,if i was going to do it over i would buy used banged up enclosed nobody well take care of it.

Bergeros
11-07-2005, 12:03 PM
We run a 20 foot Wells Cargo, custom built. Had a drop door put on the curb side for easy deployment, walk through door in back same side and then of course the large drop in the back. Extended the tongue a couple of feet so I can turn tighter and not hit it with the truck. Great place to mount the green thumb gas caddy since it locks up. :D Here is a pic...not that great... I was trying for the sun over the mountains.... the truck got in the way...hee hee :cool:

TURF DOCTOR
11-07-2005, 12:44 PM
A 5th wheel enclosed would be great for turning but the price would be high.Nobody would out look you.

Bergeros
11-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Here is a far better shot... first time posting today.

Eclipse
11-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Bergeros,
That's a nice trailer. How many mowers can you fit in your 20'?

lawnmaniac883
11-07-2005, 09:20 PM
You are looking to upgrade to a enclosed trailer correct? From what I have read on here, wells cargo like the brand open trailer you have now, is on the ball with enclosed trailers.

Bergeros
11-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Eclipse, I run with a 48" Walker rider out the side door and 2 48" wb out the back. However I can add one more 48 wb if I needed to. I have it set up so you can walk around and not trip over everything. There is a 10hp push blower, back pack blower, back pack sprayer, chainsaw, 2 hedge trimmers, 3 weedwackers with line holder, water cooler, and an assortment of rakes, shovels, tampers etc on the wall. And of course the tool box and ever so needed first aid kit... :D We carry an assortment of parts, blades, mini air compressor and a wheelbarrow for good measure. I like to be able to roll up to a job and if asked to do something additional, have the tools to get it done....and a contract to sign!! I hate having to go back and waste all that fuel. The best part of the Wells Cargo, it's all LED lighting, and when you are on the side of the road with the four ways on, all the rear facing lights flash. The ones on the fender as well as above the rear door...it is impressive and safe. I know I paid a little more for the Wells but I feel it was worth it. Thanks for reading.... :waving:

Az Gardener
11-13-2005, 01:17 AM
I would like to see some inside pics of your trailer Mr Bergeros I have thought about the bigger side door but had concerns about loosing wall space for hanging tools. I bought a Interstate trailer it was considerably cheaper than a Wells Cargo. One thing I did not count on is that mine has a thin layer of aluminum (manufacturer claims its actually thicker than most) on the wall studs then a 1/2" layer of plywood on the inside. problem is the slightest brush or touch dents the thing. I looked at a friends Wells Cargo and his had the aluminum skin then a 1/2" layer of plywood attached to the frame and nothing inside, his is much older and he is certainly more careless and his still has fewer marks and mine is 6-months old. When I shopped used I did not notice this feature on most Wells Cargos as they all had skin on the inside. I don't know what is standard but I probably won't buy another Interstate trailer. Here are some trailer pic's of another Lco friend of mine.44201

Eclipse
11-13-2005, 09:59 AM
Wow that is a packed trailer!

Bergeros, thanks for the info. I'm trying to decidce between a 20' and a 22'. I found 18' was a little too short for my needs.

Bergeros
11-14-2005, 10:15 AM
Eclipse, I went with the 20' because it seemed right and is all I could think about affording!! :D I really wanted the V nose, but it was going to be 4 more weeks for delivery from Wells since it was made at a different plant, vs the PA plant for the one I have. I always go back and forth on the length if I did it again... 22 would be nice... 24 better... but then it gets tough to turn around in all the tight spots. I will say the extended tongue has been the best thing I did and added no extra $$ on the trailer cost... so I guess it is like driving a 24' trailer.

AZ... I will have to get some inside pics... maybe as the season comes to a close I will get a chance to snap a few and post them. My main reason for the Wells was for the structural integrity to hold the wide side door and be able to rack everything inside. I'll try to get pics cause I can't do it justice to explain. Thanks again for the comments!!

Scott:waving:

Rich's LS
11-14-2005, 09:06 PM

I just ordered a 20ft express. I am getting it for 6200 from All pro trailers in Lakeland.. That is where I bought my dump trailer too.. They have great price's and there service is great too.. I did find the same trailer about an hour and a half north of me for 6068. But wanted to buy from the people I bought my dump from due to service etc... There number is All Pro Trailers Lakeland
Address: 1058 US Highway 92 W, Auburndale, FL 33823
Phone: (863) 669-9995

I am selling my 6x12 emerson with a weedeater rack, Backpack holder and shovel rack if anyone is interested... You can email me

Eclipse
11-14-2005, 10:11 PM
Eclipse, I went with the 20' because it seemed right and is all I could think about affording!! :D I really wanted the V nose, but it was going to be 4 more weeks for delivery from Wells since it was made at a different plant, vs the PA plant for the one I have. I always go back and forth on the length if I did it again... 22 would be nice... 24 better... but then it gets tough to turn around in all the tight spots. I will say the extended tongue has been the best thing I did and added no extra $$ on the trailer cost... so I guess it is like driving a 24' trailer.

I will definitely go with the extended tongue the next time around. I agree there is a point when it just gets to be too darn long. I'm thinking 22' for the next one but just wondering if I can make a 20' work. That extra 2' I think might make a difference in some tighther situations, especially with the extended tongue.

I have been considering the V-Nose next time. I guess when it comes right down to it my decision to go with it or not will be based mostly on cost. I don't know that I will use the front ramp much so I don't think I will go that route, unless the cost is not great.

Thanks again for the info.