03-26-2001, 05:00 AM
<b>Are any of you useing Digitizers to do
your landscape and irrigation plan take-offs
with? and if so what type are you useing and
how do you like it?</b>

steveair
03-26-2001, 07:08 AM
Hello,

I've used digitizers a few times, but have found that scanning is quicker. I use a 11x17 and scan plans into cad and then insert as a picture to use as a template. I don't have a digitizer, so this is the method I use.

For larger plans, I have to scan multiple sections in and piece them together, but when I used digitizers, it was about the same process of piecing each section together.

I haven't investigated a whole lot, but I know people have larger scanners for blueprints that will put it in a file for you so that you can insert it into CAD.

I mainly work with smaller title surveys, which are usually 8.5 x 11 or 11 x 17, so I really haven't had a need for anything larger.

steveair

paul
03-29-2001, 07:06 PM
We use Paydirt for our take offs, is there another software program that does this? our Tablet/Digitizer is a Calcomp 24 X 36. they have a few on the market now that are much cheaper and MUCH lighter:)

What software are you using for your take-offs?

Clinton D. Wagner
03-29-2001, 10:24 PM
<b>Hi Paul, We use the 36" x 48" Quikruler mat by gtco and there software program to run it with for windows or dos, In doing our takeoffs we send our data to excel,use spreadsheets for the info...We have been useing quikruler for the past five years and like them real well.

How do you like what you are useing? is it portable, can you take it with you?
Thanks Paul for any input on yours.

Also Steveair, Thanks for the post....I don't think that would work for us, most of our takeoffs are on 36" x 48" plans and most have from 6 to 40 sheets per plan...that would be alot of scaning and would take a lot of man hours to do a takeoff on...

Thanks again,

Good Luck and Good Bidding</b>