PDA

View Full Version : Tip Of The Day - 11/8/2005 - Using Assessment Web sites

Sean Adams
11-08-2005, 04:04 PM
I'm guessing this has been discussed on this site somewhere....

A great way to really get an idea of areas you want to service, how to contact the owners (via direct mail, post card, etc...) is by using your county's real estate assessment web site. Not every county in the country has this great tool yet, but many do.

If you go to www.google.com and type in the name of your county followed by real estate assessment you should be able to find homes and businesses according to address number and even street name.

A great tool....

Critical Care
11-08-2005, 07:33 PM
You're right Sean, it is a great tool. Tax assessment info is of public record and anyone should be able to access this information, however since many counties still do not have their databases online, it may mean a trip downtown.

At least in this county, besides being able to download ownership, detailed appraisal, and sales information on the property, you can also download the properties county tax lot map, which every now and then I find useful. I only wish that this system wasn’t so picky about syntax, and I wish it knew that John and Jonathan Doe could be the same people. Dumb machines.