PDA

View Full Version : whats it worth? 1995 GMC W4000(pics)

Grass Cake
11-08-2005, 04:23 PM
140k(4 cyl diesel)
drives like a car
seems well maintained
no rust,clean box(14ft)
AC/Automatic
I've driven it 200+ miles....can't find a thing wrong with it.

Lawn Masters
11-08-2005, 04:37 PM
I'd probably offer around $5000 for it, since its in good shape, and clean. better yet, send it here, I need one of them myself.

Grass Cake
11-08-2005, 08:18 PM
I'd probably offer around $5000 for it, since its in good shape, and clean. better yet, send it here, I need one of them myself.

I paid a little more than 5k.....sigh...live and learn

It's not for sale tho....I plan to use it next year.

Tadams
11-09-2005, 12:32 AM
Hey Grass Cake, great looking truck! I'm looking for one myself. Have you found anyone to put a ramp on it yet? I've checked into a few places and the lowest that I could find was $1400. I've been doing a lot of research on those trucks and the only bad thing that I can find out about them is that the transmission can give you a little problem. There is an update for a new transmission cooler ( I think it holds more fluid or has more fins ). Might want to look into that- could save you a ton of money in the long run. If something behind the glove-box starts smoking and then the trannie wont shift then the computer for the trannie is burnt up. You can find them at any junk yard that deals in these types of trucks. Nice to see someone else on here from this part of GA. I'm in Cartersville. If you want to know anything else about these trucks drop me a pm or an e-mail.

Grass Cake
11-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Hi Todd,
I'll build the gate at my uncles ornamental iron shop.
I've heard the story about the transmissions being weak,but i searched the web/newsgroups and anything else i could think of searching and found conflicting opinions. I will look into the updated cooling system..thanks for the info.
You might try ingramtruckbody.com (Ingram Truck Body's..in Ballground Ga) they might be around the 1400 price you already got on a gate.

Thanks for all the info
Grass Cake
:cool: