PDA

View Full Version : mulch pricing

hewitt64
03-26-2001, 12:22 PM
i was wondering if i was charging enough for the mulch that i use for my custmors? say i bought it for 25.00yd what is the mark up you guys use? Plants as well.

guntruck
03-26-2001, 12:33 PM
I'll get you the posts on this, there are alot!!! You must use the search function. We are going this route, we pay 13/yd we double that 26 add in costs and hourly labor rate to figure price per yard installed. Ours is 60-65/yd installed. Prices on here range from 35/yd to 90/yd installed it all depends on what the market will bear in your part of town.

kutnkru
03-26-2001, 12:47 PM
Welcome Aboard!!

We are able to get between $55 and $75 per yard installed depending on how many yards we are replenishing or installing.

Im from the Binghamton area, so I think you could get close to the same. We pay roughly $14 a yard in bulk by the trailer load.

Hope this gives you an idea of how much you can mark up products. by the way, Rich is correct about how I would formulate your costs.:)

Good Luck this season!
Kris

Stonehenge
03-26-2001, 12:53 PM
Hewitt -

welcome aboard -

At the bottom of the page there is a search function. Use that and search for threads with the word 'mulch' in them.

I guarantee about a billion posts on this topic.