PDA

View Full Version : JRCO Front Mount Aerator

LawnBrother
11-08-2005, 11:14 PM
Does anyone use the JRCO front end aerator attachment? What is your opinion of it? I'll need an aerator next year, so I am thinking about this product, but know nothing about it. Any opinions are appreciated!

ToroLandscaper
11-08-2005, 11:58 PM
Does anyone use the JRCO front end aerator attachment? What is your opinion of it? I'll need an aerator next year, so I am thinking about this product, but know nothing about it. Any opinions are appreciated!

I have been wondering the same thing.......one thing i was concerned about is is it hard on the hydros?

grass_cuttin_fool
11-09-2005, 02:45 AM
I tried the same question a few weeks ago and this is all that was said
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=122983&highlight=jrco+aerator

stumper1620
11-09-2005, 06:11 AM
I tried the same question a few weeks ago and this is all that was said
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=122983&highlight=jrco+aerator
well this is what I thought about it.
I had one offered to me at my dealer in the box for 1190.00, thats a sizable mark down from the retail of 1800. I did not buy it. I didn't think I would have the performance I needed in the hard clay this year. I went out and bought a 60" tow behind that I throw about 200 lbs of sand bags on and I pull it with my Z, had no problems getting in to tight areas and had excellent penetration,
I really didn't have the money for as good of unit as I wanted but, I was very happy with what I got and paid for itself several times over. I still have some jobs lined up that I told the people it is too late in the season and we'll have to hit it early in the spring.
I didn't like the fact it has about 1 foot from front row of tines to the rear row and it dont work in reverse. (can't go up to a bed and drive away and do any good) I also didn't like the lack of down pressure and no way to add any, It dose look like a solid piece of equipment, but if you look at the way it is assembled it really don't seem to me like it would be effective if you have a lot of corner areas and it is not wide enough in my opinion, I was able to pull my tow behind at a very good effective speed and I could overlap passes on those that needed double aeration (all of them) FYI a Z can pull a attachment as well or better than a lawn tractor and with the aerator hooked up it was actually more stable on the hills.

BSDeality
11-09-2005, 10:28 AM
I also went with a tow behind model for my 260Z. You can add or take off as much weight as needed for the properties. My Z is rated @ 1000lbs towing. I am about half of that with the weight and I got great results. I rent a small WB unit to get in the real tight areas and around houses